Job ID: SL-1033430 Description:
Job Purpose: This position is responsible for enhancing and optimizing PMO standards, tools, processes and communication methods. This position is responsible for creating department and enterprise level communications which will drive project performance, quality management across the PMO. This position will also focus on the tools used within the PMO and drive consistent practices in the use of the tools.
Required Job Qualifications:
* Bachelors Degree and 2 years of performance analysis, consulting, or planning experience, OR technical degree and 4 years of performance analysis, consulting, or planning experience, OR 6 years of performance analysis, consulting, or planning experience.
* Some experience managing projects; flexibility and responsiveness in managing multiple project concurrently.
* Experience with project management lifecycle and Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
* Ability to manage time effectively, prioritize, influence, and execute.
* Problem solving/analytical thinking.
* Teamwork and collaboration.
* Customer relationship management.
* IT standards, procedures and policies (e.g., HIPAA).
* Quantitative and qualitative research and analytic skills.
* Initiative and persistence, with ability to meet deadlines.
* Knowledgeable about industry best practices regarding project / program status reporting, project management methodologies, and project management tools.
* Clear and concise verbal, written, and interpersonal skills with all levels of management and employees, including developing and delivering presentations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
* PC skills to include of SharePoint, MS Suite(Access, Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint), Atlassian Jira, and CA Clarity tools.
* Use of various communication methodologies/tools ( i.e. MicroSoft publisher)
* Six Sigma and/or Lean experience or other process improvement methodologies.
* Adaptability/ability to manage change.
* Experience with Clarity PPM tool and/or other similar tools.
* Solution Delivery Methodology or CMMI experience.
* Delivery methodology understanding (e.g., scrum).
* Security standards and regulatory compliance tools and platforms.
* Understanding of healthcare technical concepts and HCSC products and services.
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requirements: Expertise Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago