The Cybersecurity Specialist will be implementing cybersecurity solutions for process control systems at customer's sites around the world. The process control industries have many critical application and require a high degree of safety and availability. The Consultant will be part of a team that delivers new global services to protect such systems and supporting IT architecture against cyber-attacks. The successful candidate will also assist in performing cybersecurity assessments of control systems and surrounding IT infrastructure and work closely with a team of peers to provide IT and OT Cybersecurity configuration recommendations.
Another part of this job is integration and technology testing to assure proper process and procedures exist for both the integrity and security of our systems. The successful applicant will also work closely with internal test groups to ensure that validation of security functionality is comprehensive and correct.
* Implementation of security tools and solutions in process control systems, ensuring systems are properly configured, optimized, and tested.
* Review of customer's security procedures and concepts.
* Analysis of risks and threats to process control systems.
* Training users on supported security products and procedures.
* Liaison with Senior engineers and consultants to customers in developing best practices and security standards.
* Security requirements will require the ability to draft technical and security related documents, controls and packages for customers as well as peer documentations.
* Work to understand our customers' security concerns and requirements.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
* 2 or more years of practical IT work experience, 1 years related to the implementation of cyber security solutions or cybersecurity standards and initiatives.
* Experience and knowledge of defense in depth, trust levels, privileges, and permissions.
* Practical experience with security software such as SIEM's, A/V, White listing technologies, patch management solutions, firewalls, routing/switching, packet analysis etc.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with ability to clearly communicate technical information to a range of audiences.
* Highly motivated to work in the security area and interact with customers.
* Experience with cyber security standards and practices in multiple industries (e.g. ISA99/IEC 62443, NERC, etc.), and certifications from qualified organizations such as CISSP or ISACA are a plus.
* Knowledge of design, implementation, or life cycle support of process automation and control systems is a plus.
* Knowledge of Industrial Control Systems challenges in multiple industries from Energy to manufacturing and more is a plus
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.