We are seeking an IT Operations Management Technical Lead to join our Agile project team in building, implementing, and maintaining enterprise grade software systems. The ideal candidate will lead the day-to-day technical operations and maintenance of a diverse portfolio of complex software applications. The technical lead will work with the project manager and subject area leads to maintain highly available systems, implement process automation, optimize Operations team efficiency, implement best practices, and provide technical guidance to government stakeholders.
* Provide technical leadership to the IT Operations team that provides system operations, change management, configuration management, user support, IT security, database administration, and training. This team includes application, systems, and user support engineers who maintain the high availability of a portfolio of browser-based, thick client, and mobile software applications.
* Coordinate team efforts to resolve service interruptions and other operational issues
* Lead troubleshooting, recovery, and root cause analysis efforts. Coordinate with application leads for advanced troubleshooting support.
* Communicate service interruptions and change activity to stakeholders including internal and client management, data center personnel, and other affected teams
* Apply Agile, Kanban, and Scrum techniques to implement Operations tasks, and optimize resource assignments and efforts as priorities change across competing workstreams
* Proactively identify and coordinate change activity involving Operations, software development, and external stakeholder teams
* Develop and refine standard operating procedures for application support and maintenance
* Provide oversight to the Help Desk Lead and support team to resolve user support issues
* Conduct daily operations meetings using Kanban techniques and tools
* Collect and report operational metrics including service level agreement compliance
* Coordinate with application leads to deliver maintenance software releases
* Collaborate with the IT Security Lead to monitor for security compliance in accordance with industry standards
* Maintain a hardware and software license inventory
* Work closely with the IT Operations Project Manager who maintains the Operations project schedule, budget, resource plan, and deliverables compliance
* Identify and present best practice recommendations to improve Operations, including automation
* Six or more years leading an IT operations team supporting a broad portfolio of software applications
* Strong technical background in systems administration and software application support
* Change and configuration management experience
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Experience in relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team
* Understanding of the software development life cycle
* Ability to develop and maintain a high performing IT operations team
* Bachelor's Degree
* Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Level 5 security clearance
* Per Government requirement, must reside in the U.S. for a minimum of 3 of the prior 5 years
* Hands on experience with Agile projects
* Experience using tools such as ServiceNow, HP Service Manager, JIRA, or other for incident management and user support requests
* Experience with monitoring tools such as AppDynamics
* Experience executing a Kanban Operations approach
* Experience implementing a Development Operations (DevOps) release automation using tools such as ServiceNow, Docker, Puppet, JIRA, Git, and Jenkins
* Experience overseeing an IT Customer Help Desk
* ITIL Certifications are preferred
* Agile Training or Certification is a plus
* IT Security-related qualifications are a plus
Salient CRGT is a leading provider of health, data analytics, cloud, agile software development, mobility, cyber security, and infrastructure solutions. We support these core capabilities with full lifecycle IT services and training-to help our customers meet critical goals for pivotal missions. We are purpose-built for IT transformation supporting federal civilian, defense, homeland, and intelligence agencies, as well as Fortune 1000 companies.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, express interest by clicking the Apply button below (if you are viewing this position on the Salient CRGT website). If you are viewing this job posting outside of the Salient CRGT website, please visit: www.salientcrgt.com/careers to express interest in this position through the Salient CRGT Careers page.
Salient CRGT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other factor prohibited by applicable anti-discrimination laws.