Bank of Montreal
* Leads/Conducts incident recovery and detailed root case analysis for the Online Banking platform, including Mobile and related 3rd part integrated applications.
* In coordination with other support team members, monitors, restores service, changes, supports, and handles day-to-day activities 7/24/365 required to run the OLB platform, a mission critical IT systems for the company, ensuring business Service Levels are met, environments are managed.
* Monitors (infrastructure, applications, and business transactions/flows), maintains & restores service for the infrastructure, applications (online and offline), and security, while meeting service level agreements for infrastructure, applications, and data/reporting.
* Provides Help / Service Desk support, as well as coordinates and facilitates Incident Management, deploys changes to the production environment, and engages 3rd party providers contracted to the Bank during an incident.
* Coordinates fail-over and/or Disaster Recover of infrastructure and applications in support of business continuity plans of the company with business partners
* Participates in testing cycles with engineering and development teams to ensure the deployability (package deployment and infrastructure provisioning), and operability (monitoring, supportability…) of infrastructure and applications
* Deploys, implements, provisions applications and infrastructure per deployment plans and infrastructure build guides.
* Provides great customer service (promptness, politeness, professionalism, and personal attention) in support of the applications and infrastructure.
* Provides initial triage, investigation and resolution of incidents. This may include deploying automated code to production, automated recovery scripts and runbook execution.
* Serves as liaison with support groups in resolving day to day issues and in support of various projects and initiatives including the tech transfer of new products.
* Maintains perspective of IT Operations run-time environment and key interactions between IT Operations teams
* Provides IT support for technology areas across computer network and storage, including root-cause analysis.
* Supports other IT development and engineering teams by providing information/reports/data regarding infrastructure and applications performance, inbound calls, incidents, and changes as required by standard operating procedures
* Supports other IT development and engineering teams in their engagement with business and end-users
* Recommends approaches/changes to streamline and integrate technological processes and systems in the organization to improve overall efficiency and improve the bank.
* Drives and/or promotes new processes, systems, technology, and operations and expanded capabilities for performance, with the flexibility to align to the unique requirements of the project teams and deliverables.
* Documents and communicates assigned work, problems, issues and progress to immediate project team, and management in a timely manner
* Analyzes and resolves problems both independently and in a team setting. Completes analysis, design and programming of viable solutions for business problems. Researches and recommend alternative actions for problem resolution.
* Employs, develops, and/or recommends productivity aids in all aspects of assignments to accelerate delivery.
* Participates and engages with the appropriate matrix areas for Information Security.
* Proactively monitors system performance and anticipates operational improvements to ensure smooth and consistent customer and business partner delivery.
* Develops or helps to develop the knowledge assets required for the operation.
* Demonstrates ability to use all operations tools to effectively conduct operations activities.
* Supports all production activities, resolving critical issues on an ongoing basis to ensure consistent supply.
* Encourages fast turnaround times on issue resolution and smooth functioning of systems given the impact on the overall financial health of the company.
* Identifies opportunities to strengthen the capability at BMO, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks across technology.
* Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning
* Generally 2-4 years of work experience in IT or business environment and/or B.S./B.A. in computer science, engineering, information systems, math or business
* Proficient level of knowledge in Online Banking and/or critical customer facing web applications
* Possesses excellent partnering, communication, and negotiation skills to and communicate effectively with other technology and business support groups.
* Possesses strong technical and/or business functional knowledge of systems, timing and dependencies
* Able to discern larger patterns of operational, technical, and IT operations related business issues from disparate detailed data.
* Understands the scope of complexity that exists across business value, technology, and interaction models.
* Understands the core business processes involved in the systems.
* Understanding of Information Technology operating processes used for systems to ensure effective delivery including but not limited to IT Operations mandatory operating standards for monitoring, logging, and alerting.
* Knowledge of Infrastructure, monitoring and Help Desk operations.
* Knowledge of support and operations practice, concepts, and technology obtained through formal training and work experience.
* Knowledge of technical/business environment.
* Knowledge of the corporate operations processes and procedures.
* Experienced with multiple areas of systems and computer operations.
* Strong decision making capabilities when dealing with ambiguous situations/conditions
We're here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the center of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmoharriscareers.com/.
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer for all, inclusive of Minorities, Women, Veterans, and Persons with Disabilities.
About Bank of Montreal
Bank of Montreal (BMO Financial Group, BMO) is a diversified financial services provider.