Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented IT Network Engineer - Senior Level for our Plano TX Facility.
Assembles key participants and guides and facilitates teams in the development and implementation of key initiatives. Identifies opportunities to apply advances in technology to network(s), infrastructure, and/or applications to enhance operations and meet business requirements. Develops automation and tools, enhancing processes to provision, manage, and administer network(s), infrastructure, and/or applications in a repeatable, standardized and efficient manner. Rapidly identify and execute real-time actions to achieve return to service, performing root cause analysis, and implementing corrective measures to prevent future occurrences. Serves as a mentor to peers and team members for assigned area of responsibility. May provide insight to management on issues as they arise.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers primar13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
We are over 3,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on Agile principles. We've been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
USAA Information Technology: A Realistic Preview
* Proactively seeks new methods and technologies to maintain network(s), infrastructure, and applications adhering to USAA rigor and established guidelines.
* Identifies need and implements system monitoring, corrective action, system refreshes, hardware replacements, software upgrades, and application modifications.
* Troubleshoots network(s), infrastructure, or application issues, identifies root cause, establishes return to service, evaluates/develops/implements/documents mitigation strategies.
* Identifies and proactively seeks opportunities to implement process improvements, documents technical diagrams and procedures.
* Designs, analyzes, installs, tests, configures, and administers network(s), infrastructure, and applications as well as providing a full range of testing, administration, and quality checks.
* Bachelor's Degree or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum in lieu of a degree.
* 6 or more years experience in a technical capacity supporting a network or infrastructure or application configuration.
* Experience installing, maintaining, and configuring complex network, infrastructure and applications specific to Cisco, AT&T, and Avaya.
* Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
* Familiar with automation tools or scripting
* Experience working in an Agile environment/position
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidatesto apply to the opening is 07/05/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.