Location: Carlsbad, CA - This position is NOT remote
The IT Solutions Services Practice Lead is responsible for leading a team of IT Consultants to deliver and support FMTs information technology offerings to new and existing clients. This position manages 3-4 direct reports, both on site and remotely. This role encompasses team leadership, including managing, mentoring, assigning and directing work, and serving as a technical escalation resource. As part of this role, continuous improvement is important to optimize delivery processes to improve service to FMTs customers.
The ideal candidate will utilize best practices and methodologies to design, implement, upgrade, and support IT infrastructure and Microsoft solutions for our clients. The Practice Lead works extensively with internal teams, clients, and vendors providing subject matter expertise and hands-on implementation. To succeed in this position and to deliver exceptional customer service, you must have strong written and oral communication skills, as well as attention to detail.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Evaluate workload across team members and assign project work and support tickets to IT consultants
* Assist clients with the design, implementation, and support of Microsoft technologies, including Office 365 migrations, Azure deployments, installation and upgrades of Dynamics GP, SQL support, and general system administration
* Directly interact with customers on challenging projects or when escalation is needed
* Set goals and manage team members to assist with their professional development growth and to ensure that theyre highly engaged
* Work with sales in a pre-sales engineering role to describe technologies and offerings to potential clients and to design and estimate solutions
* Work with other Practice Leads and Managers to manage cross-team project resources and collaborate on projects and support
* Ensure KPI reports are delivered for managed services clients, as well as ensuring that daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly proactive support tasks are completed
* Review timesheet entries and expense report submissions
* As part of the management team, provide insight as to ways FMT can continue to grow and improve
* Provide team updates at company meetings
* Assist clients with IT infrastructure solutions, including PCs, servers, SANs, switches, and firewalls
* Work both on site and remotely to support clients
* Research, recommend, and adhere to improvements in architectural infrastructure standards; strive for optimal design and drive standardization within the team
* Produce detailed documentation of IT assessment results, including business solutions, infrastructure, and processes
* Provide technical training to clients IT administrators and end-users
* Interact with FMTs Zendesk ticketing system to assign and update cases, and create knowledge base documentation
* Write blogs and other content to contribute to FMTs marketing efforts
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
* Prior consulting experience required
* Exceptional customer service skills
* Ability to adapt quickly to new requirements and changing situations
* Proficient in multiple technologies including: Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Azure, Windows Server, Hyper-V or VMware, SQL Server, Dynamics GP, Dell or HP server and network hardware, IP networking
* Ability to understand, communicate, and interpret client business processes and requirements
* A drive to achieve results
* Excellent communication, presentation, and time management skills
* Excellent organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple demands
* Ability to communicate effectively with peers and direct reports
* Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives independently
* Ability resolve conflicts
* Ability to define, create, and complete a technical task
* Ability to elicit and capture technical requirements from client interactions
* Experience in an end user support environment required
* Professional and clear working manner onsite with clients
* Proven ability to work well with end users and customers
Credentials and Experience
* A Bachelor's degree in Science, engineering, MIS, or equivalent preferred
* 5+ years Microsoft and Windows server deployment / systems administration experience
* 3+ years deploying Office 365 or Azure
* 3+ years in a customer support role
* Microsoft certifications required
* Collaboration : We are one team.
* Innovation : We make the complex simple.
* Integrity : We do what we say.
* Passion : We love what we do.
* Service Excellence : Every client is satisfied.
* Some amount of overnight travel (10-20%) may be required for projects that are not local