How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes * Career & Development Opportunities * Full-time * Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
IT Manager, Network Engineering
Manager II, Computer Network Analysis - G10
Raytheon IDS - Tewksbury, MA
What's YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We're inspired by a noble mission that's shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
Our IT organization ensures that Raytheon teammates across the globe are able to communicate, collaborate and innovate for customer success. We create leading-edge technology solutions to prevent security threats, protect the integrity of our systems and support Raytheon's IT infrastructures around the world.
Responsibilities include close support and monitoring of program execution, reviewing local and wide area network infrastructure designs and architecture, collaborating to increase IT technical and organizational capabilities across IDS, and supporting programs throughout their entire lifecycle. This manager is responsible for people management including: staffing, staff development, training, tool and process development & deployment, and administration of performance appraisals.
This position is located in Tewksbury, MA with travel required domestically and internationally as business needs dictate. Please note that capped budget relocation is available to the selected applicant if they are eligible per Company policy. Budget amount to be discussed at the appropriate stage of the process.
US DOD Secret Clearance (US Citizenship) is required for this role. Except in rare cases, only US Citizens are eligible to obtain US Clearances.
Responsibilities Include but limited to:
* Leading a team of Network Engineers responsible for the day-to-day operations including monitoring, maintenance & upgrade of network hardware and software (i.e. switches, routers, firewalls and encryption devices, VLAN configurations), including Risk Management Framework (RMF) controls. * Assigning projects and tasks * Managing employee performance * Administering time reporting, training, recruiting, and orientation of new employees * Working as a team, ensure the network infrastructure hardware, software, and communications networks remain in optimal working order * Assisting in the analysis of existing information systems and process flows for operational efficiencies and identify potential enhancements * Developing improved procedures and/or recommend corrective action * Evaluating proposed network solutions and approving proposals or recommending alternatives * Reviewing partner requirements and specifications to develop strategies to meet these requirements * Preparing and submitting periodic progress reports and accomplishments to the next level of leadership
* Minimum 8 years of professional IT network experience * Experience managing teams of technical professionals at a supervisory or group lead level. * Hands on experience with Cisco and Brocade networking products and software/network troubleshooting tools * Understanding of TCP/IP networking fundamentals * Experience with network encryption devices * Network troubleshooting skills
* Strong communication skills (both oral and written) * Management of Network Engineering teams or IT professionals is highly desired * Strong organizational, teamwork and collaboration skills working with cross functional teams * Familiarity with classified computing and information assurance best practices * Experience and/or familiarity with one or more of the following: PKI, STIGs * Network and Security certifications such as Security+ or CISSP
* BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field * Significant directly applicable professional experience with industry certifications CCNA, CCDA, CCNP in lieu of a University Degree
What We Offer: Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America's Best Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com.
Stay Connected: Don't miss out on what's happening at Raytheon.
* Follow @Raytheon on Twitter * Follow Raytheon on YouTube * Follow Raytheon on LinkedIn * Follow Raytheon Company on Instagram
Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Secret - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
MA - Tewksbury
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.