For over a century, Neiman Marcus Group has served the unique needs of our discerning customers by staying true to the principles of our founders: to be the premier omni-channel retailer of luxury and fashion merchandise dedicated to providing superior service and a distinctive shopping experience in our stores and on our websites. Neiman Marcus Group is comprised of the Specialty Retail Stores division, which includes Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman, and our international brand, mytheresa.com. Our portfolio of brands offers the finest luxury and fashion apparel, accessories, jewelry, beauty, and home décor. The Company operates more than 40 Neiman Marcus full-line stores in the most affluent markets across the United States, including U.S. gateway cities that draw an international clientele. In addition, we operate 2 Bergdorf Goodman stores in landmark locations on Fifth Avenue in New York City. We also operate more than 40 Last Call by Neiman Marcus off-price stores that cater to a value oriented, yet fashion minded customer. Our upscale eCommerce and direct-to-consumer division includes NeimanMarcus.com, BergdorfGoodman.com Horchow.com, LastCall.com, and CUSP.com. Every day each of our 15,000 NMG associates work towards the goal of enabling our customers to shop any of our brands "anytime, anywhere, and on any device." Whether the merchandise we sell, the customer service we offer, or our investments in technology, everything we do is to enhance the customer experience across all channels and brands.
The Manager of Marketing Technology will play a pivotal role in Neiman Marcus' technology team by leading initiatives for Customer Communications, growing the Marketing Technology team, and maturing the operating model in partnership with multiple stakeholders in the business. This role will report to the Director of Marketing Technology. The ideal candidate will be influential with their business executive stakeholders in defining Neiman's Marketing Technology strategy and delivering projects in support of the Ignite to Win iniatives.
* Serve as a leader within the Marketing Technology organization
* Build, manage, and lead the Marketing Technology team focused on delivering world class solutions for a customer communication and marketing execution
* Manage 5 to 10 individual contributors as well as contract partners
* Lead cross-functional teams, and provide the technical perspective to Marketing initiatives, and support problem scoping and structuring
* Champion Agile development within the team as a means to improve operational process and increase the velocity of the team
* Lead application development in the team and support vendor identification, evaluation, and selection to staff project delivery roles that meet delivery standards across quality, throughput, and budgetary return on investment goals from both internal and external teams
* Serve as an escalation point for roadblocks slowing down or impeding delivery objectives
* Provide direction, coaching, and set goals for career growth and development of associates within the team
* Manage project financials, budget forecasts, and staffing plans across the team
* Identify and champion internal / external best practices, tools, and ideas to drive constant growth and innovation within the Marketing Technology space
* Bachelor or advanced degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
* 4 or more years of demonstrated leadership experience in Information Technology. Experience in business to consumer communication desired.
* Experience leading teams implementing communication platforms enabling email, SMS, and/or chat.
* Excellent at building and developing teams as well as working with teams comprised of internal, consulting, and contracted resources.
* Drives vision & strategy, defines the Marketing technology roadmap
* Strong communication (oral and written), with an ability to convey complex results in an easy to understand, thematic manner
* Drives results and has strong accountability
* Demonstrated ability to stay abreast of industry trends, tools and techniques
* Practical experience in leading technical teams in Agile development practices
* Experience managing project financials, budget forecasts, and staffing plans