The Regents of the University of California
Requisition Number: 30590 Job Title: PROGRAMMER/ANALYST III Working Title: IT Manager Salary: $5,234 - $10,358 monthly Job Type: Career Department Name: 0995-EARTH, PLANETARY, AND SPACE SCIENCES Department Website URL: Job Summary Statement: Manage the administrative and technical operations for the Space Magnetism Group of Earth, Planetary, and Space Sciences (EPSS). Serve as network administrator, systems engineer, and programmer in a highly advanced and heterogeneous computing environment.
Oversee the maintenance and development of the group's IT infrastructure, ensuring the integrity and security of a wide array of network services. Manage the group's IT budget, purchases and projects. Monitor the health and overall performance of the group's network, virtual machines, physical servers, storage solutions, databases, and web services. Perform high-level system analysis and repairs as needed.
Provide technical and instructional assistance to users on hardware and software issues. Train group members and students in network access procedures, software applications, and hardware usage. Adhere to Federal IT practices. Manage the creation and maintenance of custom applications and user documentation. Oversee identity management, backup, and security procedures for group users and data. Percentage of Time: 100 Shift Start: 8:00 am Shift End: 5:00 pm Qualifications for Position
17 Records Qualifications Required/Preferred
1. Demonstrated knowledge and organizational skills to manage resources in a science and engineering research group.
2. Ability to coordinate multiple projects and assignments, and to establish appropriate priorities to accomplish goals and objectives.
3. Demonstrated expert level knowledge of various distributions of Linux, macOS, and Microsoft Windows Apache and Tomcat.
4. Skill in integrating Linux, macOS, and Windows systems within a common environment.
5. Familiarity with current industry standard practices and principles regarding the design, installation, and configuration of networks.
7. Familiarity working with NPM, Docker and Git.
8. Experience with SQL database administration and optimization.
9. Advanced knowledge of responsive design, user experience (UX) techniques and mobile UX techniques. Skill in developing and performing effective unit testing, functional testing and integration testing.
10. Expert knowledge of computer hardware systems, including file and applications servers, virtualization, network storage and RAID subsystems.
11. Knowledge of enterprise backup and disaster recovery strategies, policies, and procedures.
12. Knowledge of NASA and project related protocols for delivering and accessing data.
13. Demonstrated problem-solving and decision making skills to gather information and analyze data, properly assess situations and formulate logical and objective conclusions, offer constructive recommendations and determine their implications, identify viable alternatives, and implement optimal solutions.
14. Interpersonal skills to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with faculty, staff, students, other departments, and visitors from various social, cultural and educational backgrounds. Ability to use diplomacy and to respect confidentiality in sensitive situations.
15. Ability to communicate effectively through written reports and oral presentations to provide or obtain information, explain policies and procedures. Ability to obtain and convey information to individuals and groups of varying sizes at multiple organizational levels.
16. Skill in performing effectively with frequent interruptions or distractions. Ability to maintain equanimity in the face of resistance or indifference.
17. Ability to maintain regular on-time hours and schedule.
Required Additional Posting Information Bargaining Unit: 99-Policy Covered Application Deadline: 07-07-2019 External Posting Date: Quicklink To Posting: hr.mycareer.ucla.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=76622 Special Instructions: Contact information: Number of Positions: Special Employment Designations/ Requirements Per UC Policy Conflict of Interest: N/A Critical: Continued employment contingent upon completion of satisfactory background investigation. Driving Record: N/A E-Verify Check:
Certain positions funded by federal contracts/subcontracts requires UCLA to notify job applicants that an E-Verify check will be conducted and the successful candidate must pass the E-Verify check.
More Information This position requires the final candidate to successfully pass an E-Verify check. CANRA:
Is this position designated as a mandatory reporter under CANRA? No Other Special Employment Requirements: Position is subject to performance standards and other requirements of the University wide Police Policies and Administrative Procedures.
Return to Search Results
About The Regents of the University of California
The Regents of the University of California is the governing board of the University of California.