Overview Summary: The Junior Systems Administrator works closely with the IT Infrastructure Architect with providing systems support to end users. This position works with all levels of staff and is responsible for handling day-to-day system activities including new user account setups, trouble shooting, installations and hardware updates. Essential Functions:
* Analyzes and implements improved and advanced technological solutions.
* Performs system administration activities on all computer systems.
* Maintains and improves external network connection and service.
* Installs and updates operating system and third-party software.
* Sets up new user accounts; closes out old user accounts; ensures system security via passwords and other methods.
* Performs preventative maintenance procedures; performs system troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common system problems.
* Installs, upgrades, and configures system files and services.
* Monitors and improves system performance through kernel and file system tuning.
* Performs data backups and maintains archives.
* Establishes processes and procedures for systems administration; supports all personnel as they use system procedures.
* Maintains computer-related hardware and peripherals.
* Researches and evaluates new hardware and software; recommends budgets and coordinates equipment purchases.
* Analyzes system usage; investigates opportunities for performance improvement.
* Investigates and thoroughly understands developments in systems administration and computer technology.
* Assists with building, installing, deploying, and upgrading system hardware and software components as required.
* Assists with training and problem solving as needed.
* Minimal Hazards
* Travels between offices and data centers as needed
* Ability to lift 50lbs
* BS degree (or equivalent experience) in MIS or technology-related field
* 3+ years of experience working in IT/Systems Administration
* Ability to translate business needs into a function architecture and design
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Exchange, Windows Server 2016/2019
* Deep understanding of VMWare virtualization architecture and design
* Deep understanding of Microsoft Active Directory architecture and design
* Experience with different storage platforms (EMC, NetApp, etc.)
* Knowledge in MS Exchange design
* Experience with Microsoft SQL, Solarwinds or other monitoring systems.
* Experience with VoIP design (SIP, Cisco UCS) a plus.
* Experience with Cisco switching and routing a plus.
* Experience with Fortinet, Palo Alto, and Cisco firewalls a plus.
* A passion for learning and continuous improvement
* Ability to design with the challenges that come with scalability in mind
* Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities and workflow while meeting deadlines.
* Work both independently and within the team
* Make timely and sound decisions
* Ability to come up with creative solutions to challenging problems.
* Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
Founded in 1987, MGO (Macias Gini & O'Connell LLP) is one of the fastest growing professional services firms in the country with a staff of over 300 in offices in Los Angeles, Sacramento, Walnut Creek, Century City, Newport Beach, Beverly Hills, San Jose, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, New York City and New Delhi. The firm offers a diverse array of assurance, tax, consulting, staffing, outsourcing and advisory services to clients that range from aerospace and engineering firms, to hospitals and nonprofit foundations - from the largest government entities in the country, to the biggest celebrities in Hollywood. MGO is ranked as one of the top CPA firms in the nation by Accounting Today and Inside Public Accounting. And the firm was awarded the 'Best of Accounting' designation in Client Satisfaction by the independent research firm, Inavero. In addition to advancement opportunities, we offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Parking/Transit Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k) with a company match. To find out more about MGO, visit our website at www.mgocpa.com.