The IT support engineer provides assistance to computer users in the use of computer hardware and software including installation, printing, operating systems, word processing, email, and VoIP systems. The incumbent resolves computer problems in-person, by telephone, and electronically, and installs, configures, and supports the LAN, WAN and internet systems.
* Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, and appropriate software. * Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment following design or installation specifications. * Work with employees and facilities team to install, remove, or relocate user connectivity equipment and devices. * Maintain the IT department's computer and telecommunications asset inventory. Ensure the asset database is accurate and up-to-date. Assign assets to cost centers. * Manage and log all asset requests; ensure all equipment and/or software is available, configured and delivered in a timely fashion for all new hires and existing employees. * Document procedures for hardware and software installation and use. * Document user support activity, such as system problems, corrective actions, resolution status, and completed equipment installations. * Prepares reference for users by writing operating instructions. * Helpdesk / Ticket-handling management for all users * Must be available on call at least one weekend per month.
* Refer major hardware of software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service. * Confer with IT colleagues, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
* Job requires strict attention to details and thoroughness in the completion of job duties. * Job requires use of critical thinking, logic, and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
Education and Experience
Required Experience: 0+ Years
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Average computer skills in a Microsoft Windows Professional, Microsoft Windows Sysprep, network security or virtual private network VPN management software, and intrusion prevention system IPS software. * Ability to compute, analyze, and interpret numerical date for problem solving and reporting purposes. * Ability to organize and prioritize own work schedule in coordination with supervisor, other team members and end users. * Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written and oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. * Ability to make decisions which have moderate impact on immediate work unit. * Ability to use computers, keyboards, telecommunication equipment, wire pullers, digital power meters, tone generators, tone test sets, and punch-down tools.
* Ability to sit for long periods of time up to 75% of work hours. * Ability to squat, bend, kneel and/or crawl up to 30% of work hours. * Ability to use hands to grasp, handle or feel. * Ability to talk, listen and see. * Ability to lift, carry, push or pull up to 60 lbs. at least 33% and up to 66% of work hours. * Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. overhead at least 33% and up to 66% of work hours.
* Work is normally performed in a business office environment with moderate noise such as office machines, computers, and people traffic. Occasional exposure to loud noise and dust up to 33% of working hours.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract, implied or otherwise. Unity Bank maintains "at will" employment.
This document describes the position currently available. It is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and is not an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with it. Unity Bank reserves the right to modify duties or job descriptions at any time. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
Unity Bank is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and prohibits discrimination in hiring, promotion and terms and conditions of employment on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin/nationality, ancestry, religion/religious practices or observances, age, sex, gender identity or expression, affectional or sexual orientation, marital status, civil union status, domestic partnership status, disability or perceived disability, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information, and status as a veteran or disabled veteran of, or liability for service in, the Armed Forces of the United States.
Unity Bank commits to making reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified disabled veterans provided the individual is able to perform the essential functions of the job, unless such accommodation would impose an undue hardship upon Unity Bank. A qualified employee or job applicant with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting Unity Bank's human resources department.
About Unity Bank
Unity Bancorp provides a range of business and consumer financial services to retail, corporate, and small business customers.