For more than 110 years, Chicago-based USG has been a leader in producing innovative, award-winning products and systems to build everything from major commercial developments and residential housing to home improvements. USG's employees are committed to the highest levels of customer satisfaction and quality in everything we do. Our steadfast commitment to the company's core business values - innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity, efficiency and safety - have helped us become the company we are today.
As a company with $3B in revenues, we're big enough that our professionals have the resources to make a difference - and we're small enough that you're not just a number. You'll work on key initiatives and build strong relationships across the company to successfully complete vital projects that will drive the future of our company.
USG offers work-life balance, promotion from within, low turnover, exceptional benefits, a dynamic environment, and the ability to explore career opportunities in different functional areas within the company. Find out more about growing your career with USG at http://www.usg.com/content/usgcom/en/about-usg/careers.html.
You can also visit https://www.facebook.com/USGCORP to learn more about what's happening at USG.
This position will focus mainly on providing day-to-day support and data analysis for the OTC project, USG.com, DesignStudio and BI applications. Requests may include small coding projects, data analysis, data input, and documentation such as training guides or presentations. Expect interaction with end users, vendors, and within USG IT at varying levels. Metrics and basic issue analysis could also be required.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
1) Data analysis on key systems
2) Preparing presentations and Visio process maps
3) Small Pl/Sql coding projects
EOE including disability/veteran
Currently enrolled in a program to obtain a Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, preferably Management Information Systems. Senior status is preferred.
1. General programming skills
2. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and SharePoint
3. Strong analytical and problem solving skills
4. Solid communication skills, both verbal and written, utilizing numerous vehicles (IM, email, phone, face to face); ability to work in a positive and congenial manner with end users
5. Effective time management
6. Ability to create and maintain technical documentation using various tools
1. Oracle PL/SQL
USG Corporation is a manufacturer and distributor of building materials.