At McKinstry, we're proud to be a collective group of innovators and problem solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students. We strive to create a safe and engaging work environment that empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering and construction are revolutionizing the built environment - and if you're driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may be the place for you. Serving our community together is one of the ways we at McKinstry put our shared purpose into action.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true consultative partnership is what you will help us provide for our clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this, we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking a IT Infrastructure Manager to join our team as a member of our growing Technology Management division.
You're great at:
* Partnering with business and technology leaders and staff to design and manage highly available, complex, secure, enterprise infrastructure, and associated components, including servers, storage, network and virtualized systems.
* Providing enterprise infrastructure solutions, including short and long-term planning for access to McKinstry's technology related corporate services through collaboration with business leaders to determine system requirements, specifications, costs and delivery timelines.
* Defining enterprise infrastructure architecture to support corporate strategies, and investment justification to deliver services in accordance with established objectives to ensure compliance with adherence to McKinstry' s policies and standards.
* Managing a staff of information systems professionals, hire and train new staff, conduct performance reviews, provide leadership coaching, including technical and personal development programs for team members.
* Mentoring IT staff and facilitate cross-functional collaboration between IT teams, project stakeholders and business units.
* Providing management oversight to staff, directly support end users by handling escalations, resolving user issues, and monitoring the performance of business-critical systems to prevent delays and outages and quickly resolve ongoing issues.
* Managing relationships with technology providers, vendors and contractors, and develop new relationships for changing business needs.
* Leading implementation of processes throughout IT to provide effective service using the ITIL model, including planning, design, implementation, operation and support of enterprise services
* Providing strategic guidance, benefit assessment, and risk mitigation by way of analysis, metrics, and troubleshooting of performance, reliability, and availability of all systems and networks across the enterprise.
* Providing expertise and ownership of virtualization, storage, networking and supporting systems to maintain IT infrastructure across McKinstry topology.
* Defining and maintaining monitoring, service levels, maintenance and change schedule that ensures high availability and consistent IT services.
* Establishing and maintaining all required processes, procedures, and documentation in accordance to technical and ITIL best practices
* Collaborating with the Information Security team to ensure applications, systems, and network infrastructure are secured.
Other duties as assigned.
What we would like to see from you:
* Six (6) years of experience managing IT Operations in a major enterprise.
* Four (4) years of experience in network WAN/LAN design, implementation and maintenance. Cisco preferred.
* Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or relevant major and/or Information Technology/Systems experience.
* Additional higher education and/or technical certification a plus.
* Demonstrated experience with network firewalls and other security appliances, and secure communications including VPN technologies.
* Demonstrated experience managing O365, Azure, Microsoft Active Directory design and administration. This includes GPOs, federation, and upgrade planning Extensive knowledge of on-prem and cloud-based server infrastructure (Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012R2, Azure, AWS)Demonstrated experience planning, designing, implementing and maintaining virtualized infrastructure and connected storage arrays (VMware)
* Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of SAN/NAS/Cloud and associated storage protocols.
* Experience with cloud solutions such as Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
* Proficiency in performing risk, business impact, control and vulnerability assessments, and in defining treatment strategies.
* Experience working with teams using agile development practices and integrating them with ITIL and ITSM frameworks. ITIL certification a plus.
* Experience with project-based planning, architecting and delivery of mission-critical, multi-tiered, enterprise grade systems.
* Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies with relation to existing infrastructure.
* Excellent critical thinking and analysis skills in an enterprise environment
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
McKinstry is a design, build, operate and maintain (DBOM) company.