IT HR Business Systems Analyst
Agios (agios.com) is a biopharmaceutical company committed to applying our scientific leadership in cellular metabolism to transform the lives of patients with cancer and rare genetic diseases. We are growing rapidly with an active research and discovery pipeline across both therapeutic areas. Agios has two approved oncology precision medicines and multiple first-in-class investigational therapies in clinical and/or preclinical development.
Agios Pharmaceuticals is searching for a dynamic HR IT Business Systems Analyst to join our growing IT team. The IT HR Business Systems Analyst will be support us in performing HR system lifecycle support and business process mapping. The candidate must have a strong background in business process development, familiarity with the System Development Lifecycle, software change management practices and an ability to work with and support various teams that are responsible for dictating the vision and future state of HR information technology.
The HRIT Business Systems Analyst will be responsible for understanding our overall HR systems landscape (primarily Oracle Taleo & HCM Cloud), how the business leverages these systems and data today, and how we can develop and enhance solutions that enable the HR organization to meet business needs. This resource will need to be flexible and also have general BA skills, to assist on many different types of projects.
To accomplish this, we are looking for a business systems analyst who can:
* Perform the traditional functions expected of a Business Analyst - document requirements, develop flow diagrams, and understand business processes. They would also work with an application development team to help translate requirements into technical specifications, assist in system testing, work with end users to define test plans and test scripts, assist users in acceptance testing, work with users and development teams on issue identification and resolution.
* Act as a 'product manager' for their domain - going beyond simple requirements elicitation and defining solutions that anticipate future needs, leverage knowledge of where the industry is going, future proof our investments
* Facilitate the UAT process, ensuring the business fully understands the capabilities and tests the complete solution and data supporting it. They will also ensure business value is defined and can be measured post deployment.
* Serve as an interface between the IT organization and the HR team
* Lastly, will define the user experience, ensuring solutions not only work but they are easy to navigate and consume.
The ideal candidate must also demonstrate strong problem solving and analytical skills, and be able to communicate ideas clearly to the business and to other team members. The candidate must possess a focus on quality with attention to detail and the ability to meet strict deadlines, while also managing customer expectations and project scope.
* Work with the HR team to clearly define customer requirements and translate the requirements into detailed functional requirements to be used in the software solution development process.
* Support the IT change control process, gathering the end-user requirements, and communicating delivery status to the business.
* Work closely with the IT Business Partner (ITBP) to review the assignment and resource allocation of technical resources utilized for project and program delivery.
* Collaborate with the ITBP and the HR team to plan and execute Oracle Taleo Cloud and Oracle HCM Cloud quarterly release and upgrade management and associated business critical regression testing.
* Develop requirements based test scenarios and test cases, including execution and test run validation and coordinate functional user testing.
* Design of operational workflows, the development and execution of the roll out strategies, cut-over plans, end-user training and support, and end-user documentation.
* Prepare for and roll out system related HR programs throughout the year such as goal setting, annual performance and compensation planning, 360 feedback collection, calibration, benefits open enrollment etc... while adhering to established timelines.
* Identify opportunities for functional improvements and enhancements to maximize the effectiveness of available technology.
* Work collaboratively with the IT PMO to provide key input into the development and management of project schedules and scope for key deliverables and milestones.
* Provide production support including research and resolution of HR system issues through recommended solutions or alternate methods to meet timelines and deliverables.
* Troubleshoot critical production issues through discussion with end users and ITBP. Includes problem recognition, research, and isolation and resolution steps.
* Leverage technical writing business process skills to complete SDLC Documentation requirements like Business Requirements, Functional Requirements, Traceability Matrix, etc.
* Stack rank user requirements and propose optimal solutions and sequencing.
* Determines the effects of changes in business process on existing Applications.
* Develops test conditions and accurate and complete User Acceptance test plans and Conducts testing according to plan.
* Acts as Business need SME for technical development staff in all phases of the development and implementation process.
* Reviews the functionality of business systems to ensure that it continues to satisfy users varying needs.
* Performs business process improvement initiatives.
* BS (Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Systems Engineering) or a related technical discipline or equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
* 3 to 7 years of related successes with in-depth knowledge of Oracle Taleo Cloud and Oracle HCM Cloud (Global HR, Talent Management, and Workforce Rewards).
* Must be an effective communicator (written and oral) across all levels of organization, including users, developers and line level management.
* Experience in gathering requirements and business analysis.
* Requires an in-depth knowledge of the Software development Life Cycle , Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
* A demonstrated ability in creation of requirements and design documents and test scripts.
* Knowledgeable about Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) models.
* Able to solve complex problems and be able to make compelling and persuasive presentations to win approval for recommendations.
* Willing to listen to and collaborate with clients, have a driving passion for innovative solutions and can deliver practical, sustainable results.
* Able to think and analyze critically.
* Communicate effectively using verbal/written skills.
* Develop value-added analysis for client-driven projects.
* Strengthen pre-existing client relationships.
* Business/Systems Analysis role on field Projects in the Biotech or Pharmaceutical industry is required
* Must show strong judgment and time management skills
* Consulting background with recent client facing experience
* CBAP certification
* Experience with HR Data Analytics platforms
* Experience with DynaFile HR document management
* Comprehension - Ability to clearly understand the problem statement
* Telephone etiquette
* Strong customer service focus
* Questioning techniques
* Ability to handle stressful situations
* Ability to deal professionally at all levels
* Good interpersonal skills
* Good organizational skills
* Listening, Patience and Action oriented
* Excellent Presentation Skills
About Agios Pharmaceuticals
Agios Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical company discovering and developing therapeutics for cancer metabolism.