Fastly helps the world's most popular digital businesses keep pace with their customer expectations by delivering fast, secure, and scalable online experiences. Businesses trust Fastly to accelerate the pace of technical innovation, mitigate evolving threats, and scale on demand. Founded in 2011, Fastly powers online destinations including Airbnb, GitHub, Alaska Airlines, Pinterest, Vimeo, The Guardian, and The New York Times.
The worldwide cloud services market is projected to grow rapidly to $236 billion in 2020, according to Forrester, Inc. As more and more businesses move operations to the cloud, Fastly is well positioned to continue increasing CDN, cloud networking and cloud security market share with edge cloud services that reach beyond content delivery.
We're building a better Internet. Come join us.
IT Helpdesk Specialist
Fastly is searching for an experienced level IT Helpdesk Specialist for our San Francisco office. You will have significant experience in supporting a fast-paced, high-growth environment. You are comfortable working as part of a distributed team and will be primarily supporting the Sales Operation team and operations team in our Global offices.
You are someone who asks questions, is confident in not knowing everything, and would rather collaborate with others than go it alone. You are crisp and detail oriented, but able to work outside of the boundaries when necessary. On top of your proven history of success, you have a passion for technology and, like us, you value hard work and fun in equal measure.
What You'll Do
* Troubleshoot hardware and software problems with Apple products, including desktop and laptop hardware
* Build and deploy laptops and desktops using standard deployment tools (JAMF,Intune, Twocanoes)
* Support and assist employees using AV systems, both onsite and remote, including CFM Hangouts, projectors, audio and video conferencing
* Create accounts for new hires
* Deploy and support software to end-users
* Respond to support requests in the IT Helpdesk both in person and via a ticketing system
* Manage inventory for hardware and software
What We're Looking For
* 0-2+ years of experience in IT support roles, fundamental networking skills
* Administration of Apple computer products using enterprise management tools
* Knowledge and hands-on experience managing Windows laptops and desktops
* Experience using and managing ticket-based enterprise workflow management systems, Bonus points for JIRA Service Desk and Confluence
* A positive, service-oriented attitude
* Solid problem-solving skills
* Ability to lift heavy equipment (50+ pounds) as needed
* We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
* We love distributed teams. Fastly's home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
* We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
* We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
* We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we're not 'one size fits all'. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We're always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
* Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.