* Must have at minimum 4 years' experience with Macintosh and Windows operating systems and hardware in a computer support related setting; experience working in a networked environment.
* Must have Mac, Windows and networking skills.
* Must have related work experience supporting various desktop applications (MS Office, Outlook/Exchange, and IE). Broad software application skills desired.
We ask that interested applicants provide a cover letter and resume as one document with their application.
* Harvard University requires pre-employment reference and background screening.
* Harvard University Information Technology is unable to provide work authorization and/or visa sponsorship.
* This position has a 90-day orientation and review period.
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3 - 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
More about HUIT:
Harvard University Information Technology (HUIT) is responsible for the strategy, planning, and delivery of information technology across the University.
To assure Harvard's leadership in IT: We strive to make it easier for faculty, students, and staff to teach, research, learn, and work through the effective use of information technology
Harvard Information Technology Academy (designed for IT Staff): HUIT's IT Academy aims to enable each IT staff person to grow professionally and become a trusted partner to her or his team. The IT Academy is built on the belief that every IT staff member across the University (including technology employees at each school and campus) can grow in her or his area of expertise as well as building strong people and project management skills. Learn more here: https://itacademy.harvard.edu/