Role and Responsibilities:
Fairway Market wants to ensure that all of our customers are receiving the best shopping experience each time they walk into our store. The IT Support Technician is an integral part of the Fairway Market experience. As an IT Support Technician, you will provide technology support to all Fairway locations (i.e. Stores, Facilities, Warehouses, Corporate).
The following are role and responsibilities of the IT Support Technician:
* Support of Information Systems at the Helpdesk for all Fairway Market locations including all infrastructure architecture, cabling, networking, desktop computers, peripherals, POS systems (registers, scales, etc.), credit card machines. Assist IT Corporate and Store needs on both a day to day level and strategic level
* Addressing all user and management technology issues via hardware and software, troubleshooting and resolving these issues
* Installing software, patches, and updates
* Assist in the maintenance and testing of network and strategic initiatives
* Travel to all Fairway Locations as required.
* Compliance Initiatives (i.e. PCI, SOX)
* Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with computing equipment and software.
* Perform daily IT tasks/routines as described in Job Scheduling
* Engage and manage special projects as needed
* Proactively engage customers, promote product and sales, build customer relationships, and provide G.R.E.A.T. customer service that encourage customer loyalty and add value to the Fairway brand.
* Work collaboratively with fellow employees and managers and recognize teamwork and diversity throughout the store to resolve conflicts respectfully and in a timely manner.
* Maintain a strong time and attendance record to ensure the smooth flow of departmental operations.
* Conform to Fairway's policy and maintain a professional appearance at work.
* Adhere to all department-related and company-related work rules and policies while upholding Fairway's core values of integrity, respect and excellence.
* Perform miscellaneous roles assigned by management that would help the team on an as-needed basis.
* Recognize and seek opportunities for continuous learning. Supply feedback to help improve operations.
Requirements Skills and Qualifications:
Candidates who apply for the IT Support Technician position must possess the following:
* 2+ years of working in IT field or relevant certifications (such as A+ or Network+) or education are required.
* Mac and PC hardware, Printers, scanners, computer peripherals, Mobile devices (iOS, Android).
* Strong understanding of Windows Operating Systems and Networking.
* Experience of supporting Point of Sale systems.
* Working knowledge of help desk software and remote control software is a plus.
* Excellent Customer Service Skills and Professionalism.
* MUST have valid driver's license and reliable transportation to be able to travel to Fairway locations as needed.
* Ability to work in a cramped, noisy, chaotic, open-desk environment.
* Ability to prioritize tasks, multi-task, balance friendliness with efficiency, and maintain focus.
* Must have a flexible work schedule.
* Team Player 'can do' attitude.
* Provide effective communication regarding technical strategies, issues, objectives, and initiatives.
* Excellent problem solving and interpersonal communication skills.
* Effective communication skills and ability to read, write and comprehend English
* Availability to work weekends, holidays, and other prime times of the business.
* Must be at least 18 years of age to work in the department
Apply On-line Send This Job to a Friend
Copyright © 1940-2014 Fairway Market Site Index
* Our Departments
* Weekly Flyers
* Our Blog
* Our Mobile App
* Shop Online
* About Us
* Investor Relations
* Need Help?
* Terms & Conditions
* Career Opportunities
* Green Commitment
* In The Community
* Contact Us
* Google Plus
About Fairway Market
Fairway Market is a food retailer.