Help Desk Technician
Electrical Wholesale Industry
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Steiner Electronics is a family-owned company founded in 1916. Steiner Electric is the 35th largest electrical supply business in the country, with eight locations in Northern Illinois, Northwest Indiana and Southeast Wisconsin. We represent many of leading manufacturers in the industry. With a team of 475 employees, we service customers with standard electrical and industrial supplies and represent automation products, motors and drives, energy management, field service and custom products. Steiner is a close family culture with a strong commitment to customer service, values, integrity and community service.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO), 401K and profit sharing.
We are looking for positive, ambitious, outgoing individuals with impeccable people skills to be part of a growth oriented Team.
The Helpdesk Technician role is responsible for supporting local and remote office computing network operations and procedures. The technician will work within a team environment to install, troubleshoot, and support personal computers, mobile devices, printers, network connections, desk phones, and provide support for software and hardware needs.
* 2-5 year experience in similar role.
* Associates or Bachelor degree in related field preferred.
* Excellent personal computer, mobile device, network, and printer troubleshooting technical skills
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to translate technical concepts into user-friendly easy to understand language.
* Proficiency Windows operating systems, MS office, MS Exchange
* Knowledge of networking concepts and the ability to troubleshoot network printing and wireless issues.
* Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
Strong technical skills and experiences:
* Provide excellent customer service while responding to phone, email and walk-up requests from users.
* Use technical, analytical and communication skills to accurately identify user needs and provide solutions.
* Log all appropriate activities in the tracking system in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
* Identify critical user and system issues and escalate to the IT Manager
* Install personal computers, mobile device, desk phones, and printers for new employees
* Write helpdesk procedure documents
* Conduct system user training for new procedures, when necessary
* Cross-train within the IT department·
* Make necessary security changes as directed by Human Resources and department managers
* Participate in special projects and other duties as assigned
Steiner is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment. Steiner employs people without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
About Steiner Electric
Steiner Electric is a company engaged in the electrical supply business.