Our IT team manages the technology for Upstart. As an IT Helpdesk Lead/Administrator, you would play an instrumental role in ensuring that our employees have the technology they need to be successful and productive in their roles. You will be the first point of contact for all help desk inquiries including onboarding and off-boarding employees, troubleshooting employees' wifi and network connections, system and application access, remote connections, and overall computer set-up. This is a great role where you'll have ownership of your tasks and projects so that you can meet your role objectives with little direction.
In addition, you'll have the following responsibilities:
* Keep help desk inquiries and requests organized and up to date.
* Resolve basic server/system access issues with AWS, Heroku, Salesforce, Netsuite, etc.
* On-boarding and off-boarding of new employees, temporary employees, vendors, and contractors.
* Utilize various diagnostic tools and testing approaches to resolve access related or platform performance problems with varying degrees of complexity.
* Escalate complex problems to the next level of support when assistance is required due to either limited knowledge or permissions.
* Provide IT or application training to employees to ensure they have the technological resources and knowledge of how to use those resources to accomplish their responsibilities.
* Provide excellent service to internal and external clients; ensuring they feel that their problems are understood and addressed with minimal impact to the clients' productivity.
* Document support tasks and create processes when needed in order to keep the IT team on the same page with how things are done, and that processes can be repeated or trained to others.
* Identify technological issue trends to proactively prevent problems and develop processes to resolve.
* Respond back to help desk inquiries in a succinct and meaningful way.
* Take corrective actions to solve problems in a timely manner to achieve recovery with minimum impact to the Customer.
* B.S/B.A. in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent formal training or work experience.
* 3+ years of work experience in first and second level support of Heroku/AWS/Salesforce applications systems, Network Communications, Software, Monitoring, or Desktop environments.
* 3+ years of experience in a technical support or customer service environment.
* Strong familiarity with IT Operations and cloud applications is preferrable.
* Demonstrates a strong aptitude for logical thinking.
* Knows how to create new support workflows is preferred.
* Ability to independently perform basic, second level problem determination, root cause analysis, regarding network, access, and general IT issues.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with clients, peers, and other support groups.
* Proficient understanding of internal and external Customer requirements.
* Confidence diffusing and responding in a positive manner to distressed user concerns.
About Upstart Network
Upstart is an online lending platform.