Forward Air (NASDAQ: FWRD) is a leading asset-light freight and logistics company, providing less-than-truckload (LTL), truckload, intermodal and pool distribution services across the United States and in Canada. We are a highly respected transportation and logistics Company with revenues in excess of $1B annually. As an industry leader, we are dedicated to finding and developing the best people. We want individuals who share our core values and demonstrate a true passion for what we do. Forward Air offers excellent compensation and benefits packages to our employees, as well as tremendous growth opportunities for top performers.
Position: Help Desk Level
Forward Air, seeking an IT Help Desk Level II professional who can provide remote Tier II technical support to users spread across the country. This candidate will need a strong back ground in software migration, smartphone and tablet technologies, service desk application software, and installing/upgrading end user equipment.
Core Responsibilities and Duties
* Responding to incoming help desk inquiries promptly, politely and professionally
* Quickly prioritizing and responding to all client calls and emails, identifying problems and providing expedient technical assistance for all computer related issues, including service workstations and other equipment for users through remote support techniques
* Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues to users satisfaction
* Research users questions using available information resources and advise user on appropriate action
* Installs new hardware and software for customers utilizing remote management tools
* Follow standard help desk procedures like logging all help desk interactions
* Redirect problems to appropriate resources
* Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
* Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions
* Troubleshoot Hand Held Scanner issues
* Demonstrate excellent communication skills
* Influencing a positive work environment that fosters team performance through own work and behavior.
* Will be on call as part of Help Desk rotation at least once in 4 weeks to provide coverage between 6 pm and 6 am on weekdays and 24 hours on weekends and holidays.
* Assist in hardware rollouts
* Talk to vendors to get quotes and create POs
* Arrive to work punctually when shift starts and login to be online during working hours
* Other duties as assigned
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
* 5+ years of related technical helpdesk and customer service experience
* A+, MCP, and / or MCSE Certifications
* Associates degree and/or Bachelors degree preferred
* Experience with repairing/working with Intermec Hand Held scanners is a plus
* Experience with cabling, switches, and routers are a plus
* Experience with AS400 is a plus
* Strong analytical abilities are required to interact with customers to evaluate work and provide technical assistance.
* Good interpersonal skills are required to interact with customers and clients and provide technical assistance to resolve problems
* Good organizational skills are required to communicate effectively
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, officers, carriers and the public
* Ideal candidate will possess a can do attitude with a will do work ethic
* Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment
* Experience with AS400 operating systems is a plus
* Transportation industry knowledge and experience is a plus
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes 401K, stock ownership plans, dental insurance, medical insurance, disability benefits, prescription drug coverage, confidential employee assistance programs, life insurance, vision care plan, paid sick time, paid company holidays, and paid vacations.
Forward Air is an Equal Opportunity employer.