Alterra Mountain Company is a community of iconic year-round destinations, including the world's largest heli-ski operation. The company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real-estate development, food and beverage and retail businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado with destinations across the continent, we are rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure. Alterra Mountain Company's family of diverse playgrounds spans five U.S. states and three Canadian provinces: Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Deer Valley and Solitude in Utah; Crystal Mountain in Washington; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. We honor each destination's unique character and authenticity and celebrate the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone.
We are looking for an experienced IT Project Manager with the ability to manage a variety of technical projects that support the growth, security, and operational stability of our organization. Projects can range from small 40-hour tasks to large program initiatives. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of infrastructure, operations and security as well as project management practice
The IT Enterprise Project Manager works closely with both enterprise and resort IT teams to elicit needs, facilitate design and execute solution initiatives. This leadership role is responsible for the oversight, coordination, implementation, budget and completion of IT projects and initiatives. The IT Enterprise Project Manager will contribute in the definition of and will deliver projects to meet stated business goals and objectives while ensuring consistency across operational standards, security policies and company strategy.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
* Responsible for assembling and guiding project teams comprised of internal and external resources to deliver solutions on time, meeting expectations and within budget constraints.
* Provides leadership and manages the activities of multiple concurrent, complex projects across various sites and disciplines.
* Facilitates the definition of project scope, goals, milestones, and deliverables.
* Provides periodic reporting to management, business sponsors and other stakeholders regarding individual and/or project status, cost metrics and tracks progress.
* Identifies issues or potential problems with projects or technical initiatives and makes recommendations to management regarding alternatives or solutions to mitigate risk.
* Participates with IT leadership in project prioritization, budgetary, and other strategic planning items.
* Creates strong relationships within business lines and learns the business in order to identify needs and deliver value.
* Develops and maintains complete project documentation, including but not limited to: project status reports; budget variance reports; project approvals and/or purchase requisitions; management presentations and work breakdown structures.
* Accountability for project planning from a high level to a detailed technical level to include estimation of milestones/activities (effort/duration) and identify roles/skills per activity stream.
* Works with other PM's to identify project inter-dependencies that may affect project success.
COMPETENCIES & JOB REQUIREMENTS
* 7 years' experience working in a technology environment, with at least four years of experience managing information technology initiatives and projects.
* Infrastructure projects management experience with Active Directory, SCCM, SCOM, obsolescence, mergers & acquisitions, information security, monitoring, networking, cloud, virtualization and end point computing.
* Exceptional ability to communicate technical decisions/issues to different stakeholders.
* Ability to analyze project data, metrics and financials, making data-driven analytical decisions.
* Software projects management experience is a plus (to understand SLDC and products lifecycle)
* Project portfolio or program management experience is a plus
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent in work experience.
* Previous experience in IT Operations management, IT Service Management, and/or ITIL is highly desirable.
* Previous experience in technology infrastructure is highly desirable.
* Previous experience in ski, resort or hospitality management environment is highly desirable.
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with required to interact with all levels of management and staff, as well as outside vendors, contractors, service providers and consultants.
* Proven experience in leading people.
* Proven success in both waterfall and iterative/agile methodologies.
* Functional knowledge of computer networking including SDWAN, LAN, WAN, VPN
* Functional knowledge of virtualization, storage, hyperconverged infrastructure and BURA technologies
* Functional knowledge of cloud computing to include public, private & hybrid offerings, IaaS and SaaS.
* 3-5+ years' experience managing cross functional technology teams.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
* Project management framework certification such as PMI/PMP or SCRUM/CSM.
* ITIL V3 certification is preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, and hear. Must be capable of walking or standing 90% or more of a normal 8-hour work shift. Must be capable of carrying, lifting, pushing or pulling up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include; close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions.
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work place is usually moderate.
Equipment Used in Job: N/A
Employment with Alterra Mountain Company "at will" for no definite period of time. The employee may terminate employment at any time without notice or cause, and so too can Alterra Mountain Company terminate employment relationship at any time without notice or cause.
Alterra Mountain Company Is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. All employees and candidates are reminded that Alterra Mountain Company adheres to the U.S. and Canadian labour and employment laws, and where applicable, to any State or Provincial-specific employment regulations.