HOK is a global design, architecture, engineering and planning firm. With offices around the globe, we create a better world through the design of buildings and spaces that respond to the needs people and the environment. Our designers are rooted in technical excellence, driven by imagination and focused on delivering solutions that inspire clients and communities.
HOK is currently seeking an IT & Electronic Systems Intern to join our team. As a Student Intern, you will be responsible for performing basic design tasks by applying standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to assigned tasks.
* Responsible for IT and electronic systems analysis of projects under the supervision of a Sr. IT & Electronic Systems Specialist.
* Responsible for supporting design of IT and electronic systems including wired and wireless networks, security systems, AV systems and other technology systems found in the built environment.
* Development and coordination of IT and electronic systems infrastructure (space, power, cooling, etc) requirements.
* Participate as a team member, contributing ideas and possible solutions.
* Visit project sites during construction for reviews of quality, progress, and compliance with specifications and standards.
* Responsible for the quality and timely delivery of the projects to budget.
* Seeks input from more senior staff on technical matters to improve the overall project.
* Learning about IT&ES systems, services, and infrastructures.
* Able to work creatively to reach solutions to complex problems.
* Proficiency with Revit.
* Ability to organize and collect relevant engineering data for analysis.
* Able to learn how to design IT and electronic systems and structured cabling systems in compliance with BICSI and EIA/TIA requirements.
* Knowledge of IT and electronic systems infrastructure requirements (space, power, cooling, etc) is a plus.
* Knowledge of networks, physical security, audio visual, and/or other applications is a plus.
* Report writing and presentation skills is a plus.
* Bachelor of Science in engineering or IT management degree preferred but students actively pursuing degree will also be considered.
* Willing to pursue LEED accreditation or Green Associated.
* Experience in working in integrated teams is a plus.
* Experience with architecturally significant buildings is a plus.
* Experience with potential project types in commercial, corporate, institutional and civic, justice, aviation, and healthcare sectors is a plus.
HOK is a drug-free workplace. HOK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.