Lead Web Developer
The Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) is an independent not-for-profit organization based in Boston, Massachusetts, USA. For more than 25 years, IHI has used improvement science to advance and sustain better outcomes in health and health systems across the world. IHI brings awareness of safety and quality to millions, catalyzes learning and the systematic improvement of care, develops solutions to previously intractable challenges, and mobilizes health systems, communities, regions, and nations to reduce harm and deaths. IHI collaborates with a growing community to spark bold, inventive ways to improve the health of individuals and populations. IHI generates optimism, harvests fresh ideas, and supports anyone, anywhere who wants to profoundly change health and health care for the better. Learn more at ihi.org.
We are seeking a Lead Web Developer to oversee the development, management, maintenance and support of all digital properties across IHI. This lead role drives technical decisions and reviews, and ensures solutions meet IT architectural best practices, compliance, security and business requirements while increasing IHI's global digital/web presence.
In this position you will perform functional reviews, technical design reviews, and will oversee project implementations from start to finish. Hands-on experience with Drupal and .NET (SharePoint) platforms, web analytics, search platforms, performance and development toolsets are required. You will work closely with IT project managers, vendors, architects, suppliers, and business partners to ensure proposed solutions follow industry and IHI best practices.
* Develop, support and maintain multiple sites across IHI
* Identify and evaluate opportunities for improvement; propose innovative solutions and lead performance enhancement initiatives
* Work closely with IHI business teams and vendors in alignment with overall IT strategy; draw on relationship and technical skills to act as technical liaison to both internal and external stakeholders
* Address critical production issues and drive toward solutions
* Provide technical oversight for: web, application server, content management system, content, search, and web analytics
* Review and provide solution design for all related system integrations (e.g. web services/service bus/API).
* Apply strong understanding of development accessibility and user experience standards and best practices
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent plus 5 years of relevant experience, including 3+ years of experience building Drupal websites
* Hands on experience building and deploying enterprise level web content management solutions on Drupal 7 or 8 (Acquia is plus)
* Full understanding of the development lifecycle and ability to deploy at every stage
* Ability to translate requirements into detailed design and solution documents
* Strong knowledge of information technology applications, processes, software, equipment and marketing platforms:
* Extensive knowledge and experience with Object Oriented PHP & Drupal 8
* Experience with other content management systems a plus (e.g. WordPress, SharePoint)
* HTML5, CSS3, SASS, and Bootstrap
* Responsive web development, cross-browser and cross-platform issues
* Full LAMP stack
* Version control systems (Git/GitHub)
* SSO, SAML, OAUTH
* Hubspot, Google Analytics & Webmaster Tools, Google Data Studio, Google Tag Manager and Event Tracking
* SDLC processes and tools and Agile or SCRUM processes
* Basic TCP networking, DNS, HTTP(S)/1.1/2.0, LoadBalancing, HA, Clustering
In addition to strong technical expertise, our ideal candidate will have demonstrated team performance skills, a service mindset approach and the ability to act as a trusted advisor. This candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong attention to detail and deadlines. An ability to work independently and effectively on multiple projects with global team members and stakeholders is a must, as is personal commitment to workplace diversity, inclusion and equity
IHI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, military service, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or political belief or activity. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation to complete our application, please let us know.