Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof - All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
The IT Developer is responsible for supporting, planning and coordinating functional and technical activities related to Enterprise Integration Services in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment. The individual will work alongside talented Technical Leads, Architects, Software Engineers, and Quality Engineers in a highly collaborative environment to deliver high quality solutions on time and on budget. This position plays a key role in establishing, executing and supporting business critical system integrations across the Enterprise.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Requirements Definition & Management - Uses established techniques to identify current business problems and elicit, specify and document business functional, data and non-functional requirements.
* Programming/Software Development - Contributes to the design, development, testing and documentation of complex programs from agreed specifications, and subsequent iterations, using agreed standards and tools. Assesses own work and leads reviews of colleagues' work. Mentors less experienced colleagues as required.
* Development Testing - Performs the execution of given test scripts under supervision. Records results and reports issues. Develops an understanding of the role of testing within system development, as a tool for design improvement as well as a validation process.
* Systems Integration - Assists in the software builds from software source code. Performs tests as defined in an integration test specification, records the details of any failures, and carries out fault diagnosis relating to simple failures, reporting the results of the diagnosis in a clear and concise manner.
* Release Deployment - Uses the tools and techniques for specific areas of release and deployment activities. Administers the recording of activities, logging of results and documents technical activity undertaken.
* Application Support - Assists in the investigation and resolution of issues relating to integration applications.
* Problem Management - Investigates problems in systems, processes and services. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
* Collaborates with IT partners across the organization to create functional/technical specs and solution designs for all integration services including mapping documents.
* Designs integration service interfaces & schemas using industry standards, patterns and canonical representations.
* Develops services using Business Works 5.x/6.x, Enterprise Message Service (EMS)/JMS, TIBCO Adapters, JAVA, SOA, SOAP, REST, JSON, SQL, Micro Services and Unix/Linux.
* Develops and executes automated unit and performance tests of integration services.
* Assists with evaluation of Proof of Concepts (POCs), project estimation and engages in performance testing and tuning activities.
* Helps define TIBCO and integration related best practices.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field, or applicable work experience.
* 3+ years of development experience using TIBCO AMX Business Works 5.x/6.x, BW Adapters Enterprise Message Service, Designer/Studio and other TIBCO suite of products.
* Solid experience in managing and monitoring TIBCO using tools such as TIBCO Administrator, HAWK and API Management / Mashery.
* Expertise in Java, JMS, SOAP, REST, JSON, SQL, XML technologies, GitHub, Jenkins and Unix/Linux shell scripts.
* In-depth understanding and experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Micro-Services based solutions.
* Hands on experience developing complex services/solutions based on Enterprise Integration Patterns and Coding best practices.
* Proactive and able to catch issues before failures.
* Possess a strong work ethic; takes pride in producing a quality product and a strong team player
* Work with production support and project consultants in an onshore / offshore model
* Support off-hours production issues and code deployments as needed
* Minimal travel required (training/conferences)
About Ulta Beauty
ULTA Beauty is a beauty retailer.