Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a self-motivated and skilled Tier 2 IT specialist. Blizzard Desktop Support specialists are the first line of support for all IT-related issues. Job duties would include building, configuring, deploying, monitoring, modifying, and repairing local and remote computers. An ideal candidate would have experience working in a Corporate IT environment, expertise in PC and Apple and their operating systems, knowledge in scripting languages, troubleshooting networking issues, and have exceptional customer service skills.
* Provide epic-level support to end users on a variety of IT related issues.
* Identify, research, and resolve technical problems.
* Respond to telephone calls, email, and requests for technical support.
* Document, track, and monitor problems to ensure a timely resolution.
* Manage ticket request and follow-up with users.
* Install and maintain Windows and Mac operating systems (OS).
* Troubleshoot PC hardware and software.
* Customer Service
* Outstanding customer service skills
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate and present complex issues and analyses in an effective manner
* Good organization and time-management skills
* Reliability and dependability
* "Can do" attitude
* Extensive PC hardware experience (ability to build, diagnose, and repair computers; strong troubleshooting skills)
* Advanced knowledge of installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting current versions of Windows and OSX
* Basic to intermediate knowledge of scripting languages (MS PowerShell, Python)
* Basic to intermediate knowledge of network technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP)
* Experience with system OS imaging solutions (MDT, SCCM)
* 2 years' minimum experience in a Corporate IT environment
* Willingness to work weekends if needed
* Ability (and willingness) to lift a minimum of 40 pounds
* Good time management and organizational skills
* ITIL knowledge and experience
* Passion for gaming
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences… ever. Join us!