For more than 75 years, Grifols has worked to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. We are a global healthcare company that produces essential plasma-derived medicines for patients and provides hospitals and healthcare professionals with the tools, information and services they need to deliver expert medical care.
The IT Services Manager leads a team of technicians who provide services directly to end users of the Grifols IT platforms and services. The person in this role advises both users and technical staff in incident resolution; advises and participates in project teams in evaluating infrastructure and workplace functionality, capabilities, and options. The IT Services Manager oversees incident management, monitoring, and maintenance of software and/or hardware platforms in assigned areas of responsibility to ensure performance and availability for end users. Investigates emerging trends and technologies as input to IT service delivery planning and process improvement.
Primary responsibilities for role:
* Relationship Management, Planning, and Strategic Alignment
* Establishes and manages strategic relationships with IT and business partners to ensure IT plans and development efforts are well aligned with business goals.
* Builds and enables a team who establish effective and trusting working relationships with all of their business and IT partners.
* Continuously improves knowledge of business processes, industry trends, and IT systems to better communicate IT capabilities and support IT solutions development.
* Collaborates with cross-functional teams, IT management, and other technical staff to resolve IT system incidents and changes and to support implementation of new technologies.
* Establishes trust with end users during short and long term interactions to support IT's service delivery goals.
* Establishes and manages effective working relationships with external service providers supporting areas of responsibility; supervises and evaluates contractor teams.
* Project Delivery and Management
* Proactively identifies project risks and issues; helps determine necessary escalation, mitigation, and resolution steps.
* Creates, reviews, updates, and approves required documentation for changes and projects as appropriate in accordance with IT Methodology.
* Oversees adoption management of new systems, functions, and technologies, including the development and delivery of end user training as needed.
* Guides Service staff in the planning of internal IT projects of varying size, advising in areas of specific expertise.
* Provides management of first and second level post go-live support services for a wide range of system and technology deployments.
* IT Service Delivery and Process Capabilities Assurance
* Assists technicians with difficult ticket issues and works as a resource for ticket resolution and escalation when needed
* Owns any tickets assigned to team and proactively monitors team performance as it relates to tickets and assignments
* Acts as an escalation points for any use complaints related to service.
* Understands and applies continuous improvement principles to business and IT processes in area of responsibility.
* Ensures compliance with technology policies and regulatory requirements and takes appropriate action to mitigate risks and resolve issues.
* Develops and promotes ideas for the continuous improvement of IT technologies, services, and procedures with IT leadership and the IT Process Improvement team.
* Actively identifies and advises IT management of potential business, technical, and compliance risks relating to the delivery of IT services.
* Talent Management and Results Delivery
* Collaborates and owns wiki (knowledgebase) maintenance; this may include but not limited to creating content, reviews and updates.
* Mentors and coaches members of the IT team in completion of routine assignments, project work, and skills development.
* Supports professional growth of direct report employees by providing counseling and opportunities for training and assignments aligned with career path and Grifols' business goals.
* Performs annual objective setting mid-year reviews, year-end reviews, and development/career planning for all direct report employees.
* Contributes to and may participate in Grifols talent review and management processes, ensuring that staff in area of responsibility are appropriately and effectively represented.
* Engages with IT teams globally to implement strategic solutions leveraging internal capabilities and external service provider support to achieve business objectives.
Empowers team to be productive and accountable; assumes personal accountability for team outcomes in all areas of responsibility. Maintains and shares an expert level of knowledge of at least one specific area of IT technology platforms.
On-call responsibilities and after hours site location support as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Requires Good level of skill and experience in:
* Infrastructure maintenance and management
* Testing and requirements traceability methods
* Requires Advanced level of skill and experience in:
* IT systems architecture
* Desktop applications used in role
* Coaching and mentoring
* Innovative and creative thinking
* Project management methodologies and tools
* Requires Excellent level of skill and experience in:
* Analyzing and solving problems
* Conflict management
* Decision-making and agility
* External service provider management
* Leadership, mentoring, and coaching
* Interpersonal relationship management
* Leadership and organizational management
* Negotiating and influencing
* Process improvement principles
* Risk management
* Root cause analysis
* Written and spoken communications
* Requires Expert level of skill and experience in:
* Knowledge of IT services, processes, and operating models
* Empowerment and accountability
* Networking and collaboration
* Working independently and in a global team environment
* Requires Exceptional level of skill and experience in:
* Customer Service
* Proficiency in English required; ability to communicate effectively in Spanish desirable
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration or related field.
Typically requires a minimum of 3 years of related experience. Supervisory experience preferred but not required.
Depending on the area of assignment, directly related experience or a combination of directly related education and experience and/or competencies may be considered in place of the stated requirements. Example: If a job level requires a Bachelor's degree plus 4 years of experience, an equivalency could include 8 years of experience, an Associate's degree with 6 years of experience, or a Master's degree with 2 years of experience.
* This job description is accurate at the date of publication. It is intended to provide information essential to understanding the scope and general nature of the work performed by job holders within this position. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. Other duties may be assigned and qualifications required may change over time.
Grifols is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition or characteristics, disability or veteran's status or any other classification protected by applicable State/Federal laws. We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Location: NORTH AMERICA : USA : CA-Los Angeles:US401 - LA CA-Headquarters
Learn more about Grifols