Provides onsite technical support for end users. Should be skilled at providing support in a complex, fast-paced environment. Must be able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical users via a variety of channels (in-person, IT Bar, over the phone, via email, chat, etc.). Contributes to producing end user documentation, knowledge base articles, and training materials.
Familiarity with information technology - both hardware and software. Understanding of Genentech-supported operating systems, devices and applications is preferred. Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects. Responds to ticket escalations with the proper degree of urgency, flexibility, resourcefulness, determination, and accountability. Adaptability is a necessity, as this position will require a balanced mixture of self-reliance and teamwork.
* Troubleshoot multiple computer platforms and hardware/software, including but not limited to: Windows, Macintosh OSX, iOS devices, tablets, desktops, laptops, etc.
* Support multiple enterprise and department applications.
* Provide basic network configurations: LAN, WAN, wireless, VPN.
* Support mobile users who work at home, travel, or work from a remote office, using remote console software.
* Install and upgrade software and operating systems.
* Support video and audio conferencing requests as necessary.
* Troubleshoot networked and local printers. Identify and resolve hardware and software application conflicts.
* Perform upgrades to hardware and arrange for hardware repairs/re-images when necessary.
* Open and close tickets - manage the assignment, tracking, and completion of incidents/requests.
* Collaborate with other site and corporate IT staff in the resolution of issues.
* Expected to populate the Knowledge Base frequently and document resolutions, workarounds, and frequently asked questions for problems and service requests.
* Execute the delivery of services per Service Level Agreements to customers.
* Expected to propose process improvement initiatives and help identify and implement innovative solutions for customers.
This position is based in South San Francisco, CA and is not eligible for relocation.
* BA or BS degree.
* 1 to 3 years experience providing onsite and/or remote technical support to end users in PC and Mac environments.
* Understanding of Genentech-supported operating systems, devices and applications, including the Google Suite of Applications, MS Office, etc.
* Basic knowledge of network concepts (e.g., TCPIP, Windows/Mac Networking, Wireless, Ethernet).
* Must have a good understanding of web conferencing and mobile technologies, and an understanding of audio-visual equipment as it relates to PC/Mac platforms.
* Experience with the Service Now ticketing system and troubleshooting hardware/software/mobile devices.
* Must be highly accountable and results oriented. Persistence, resourcefulness, drive and ability to work proactively.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work in a team environment or independently.
* Provides resolutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
* Communicates clearly with technical and non-technical audiences, both verbally and written.
* Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills, along with the ability to prioritize tasks among many competing requests.
* Professional attitude and demeanor.
* Skilled at setting priorities to complete tasks / projects within scheduled timeframes
* Strong analytical skills for effective troubleshooting and problem solving
* Contributes to projects and milestones as per the needs of the business.
* Basic understanding of group management/administration tasks.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Information Technology, Information Technology > IT Infrastructure and End-User Services