Camping World And Good Sam
SENIOR ENTERPRISE DBA (SQL SERVER)
Position Location: Chicago IL (444 W Lake Street at Canal)
Camping World Job #19-8212
Our Enterprise DBA will take an enterprise view of all corporate data, understand the entry points, transaction & reporting utilization, etc. while maintaining security and integrity. You will be responsible for the definition, creation and maintenance of the enterprise data model within a distributed computing environment (e.g., Windows, Intranet, Web.). The Enterprise DBA will perform all administrative tasks as well as develop ETL and QA data integration between all databases and Salesforce.com. Above all, ensure solutions meet business objectives and establish and maintain a high level of user and trust and confidence in IT's knowledge of and concern for users' business needs.
Our database environment includes over 70 Servers in Denver (CO) and Bowling Green (KY) configured with 1-3 instances of SQL Server and each instance has multiple databases. There are several multi-terabyte databases that are used for data integration, data warehousing, marts, etc. There are also several very high volume OLTP instances.
* Ensure our SQL Server infrastructure is kept current and secure, that all systems perform at optimal levels and (in concert with our infrastructure team) ensure optimal usage of all hardware (CPU / RAM / Network / SAN) resources.
* Enterprise data architecture standards development.
* Provide more separation of duty between database administration and application development while improving enterprise data architecture.
* Develop or approve all DDL scripts and complete implementation.
* Provide design support for application team's DML scripts and all data layer interactions.
* Assist application development and support teams with proper data infrastructure utilization.
* Provide support and maintenance of Informatica enterprise data integration tools.
* Build out and development of data archiving infrastructure.
* Analyze, test and implement physical database design supporting various business applications including base definition structure, documentation, long-range requirements and operational guidelines.
* Assist in the definition and development of database documentation and standards.
* Research and recommend optimal database design criteria, publish standards and work with development staff to standardize the environment and improve efficiency.
* Ensure data recovery maintenance, data integrity and space requirements for physical databases are met through formulations and monitoring of policies, procedures and standards related to database management.
* Understand database backup and recovery options in base SQL Server terms. Work with 3rd party backup tools, respond quickly to refresh data, verify implementation of correct backup strategy, develop recovery procedures, and support recovery from loss of data caused by user or system error.
* Develop procedures and standards for the access and maintenance of shared data resources.
* Resolve problems and answer questions related to the RDBMS and its associative platform environment interdependencies and case management with vendor support when necessary.
* Monitor and Performance Tune Databases; identify problems and implement solutions; ensure the database is running at optimum speed and efficiency.
* Configure update and monitor replication between database servers.
* Install and upgrade RDBMS and related products; keep RDMBS at current release and patch levels; install supporting products; provide current, stable production and development environments; plan development, test and production implementations.
* Reorganize database structures as needed: Automate procedures at regular intervals; use tools to reorganize or defrag database table spaces, tables, and indexes; provide application development staff optimal development environment with current data.
* Review overall the physical database structures for data integrity, performance quality, recoverability, maintenance and space requirement considerations.
* Perform code reviews for the development team on database code. Provide design insight for application data layer.
* Plan capacity and reporting: Monitor file system space, database allocation, etc.; verify efficient use of disk storage; reclaim dead space; optimize space allocation and avoid disk space starvation conditions.
* Provide the appropriate tools, procedures, and facilities for creating and maintaining the canonical enterprise data model.
* Produce E/R (entity relationship) diagrams and logical to physical database mapping.
* Participate in the evaluation and recommendation of DBA tools and new DMBS technologies.
* Perform change management, impact analysis and establish standards and procedures that support the Company's database environment needs.
* Provide technical design and support for the various development, training, testing, and production requirements of relational database environments.
* Conduct application transaction volume and traffic analysis and interpret impact on database and network performance.
* 7+ Years SQL Server database management experience with at least 2 years at the enterprise DBA level. SQL Server 2012 and above experience. 10+ years overall IT experience.
* Data integration (ETL) proficiency.
* Production DBA and troubleshooting experience.
* Development DBA experience.
* Database architecture experience.
* Database security knowledge.
* Performance tuning -- statistics, indexing strategy and execution plan expertise.
* Replication experience.
* Thorough knowledge of T-SQL development.
* SQL Server Reporting Services Management (SSRS) and implementation experience.
* SSIS development and troubleshooting experience.
* SSAS knowledge and troubleshooting experience.
* Database backup and recovery experience.
* Excellent Oral and Written Communication
* Willingness to work with customers, managers and executives, of varying levels of technical expertise in a high pressure, complex environment.
* Excellent problem-solving skills.
* Self-motivated with ability to prioritize and succeed with varying degrees of requirements.
* Enterprise Viewpoint of Data and Master Data Management
* Windows, Network, & I/O Monitoring and Troubleshooting for Database Servers
* Technical architecture experience (i.e. determine CPU, memory, network and I/O requirements for application and database servers).
* SOX & PCI experience.
* Informatica Cloud (IICS) development experience.
* Salesforce.com familiarity.
* Scripting development experience.
ABOUT CAMPING WORLD / FREEDOM ROADS
The outdoors is a big place and just as it offers endless adventures, so does our company.
Camping World is your premier one-stop-shop for everything RV. Along with RV parts and accessories, we also offer a full selection of new and used RVs for sale. Once you buy an RV, should it need a little TLC, our RV Spa detail and refurbishment centers are there to make it shine like new. However, if the problem is under the hood, our nearly 2,000 service bays, over 1,600 technicians and 100+ collision centers scattered around the country are ready to get you back on the road in no time.
As the RV industry leader, Camping World is always looking for new and better ways to enhance your RV and outdoor experience. Camping World -- like the great outdoors -- is a big place, full of opportunity and we make it our mission to equip you for it. We've got an awesome team already, but there's always room for more! Are you ready for a new adventure?
Full-time associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, PTO, 401k and more!
We don't just accept diversity of thought -- we support it, celebrate it and thrive on it for the benefit of our associates, our customers and our company. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we strive to think outside -- and not simply check -- the box
About Camping World And Good Sam
Camping World provides a portfolio of services, protection plans, products, and resources for recreational vehicle (RV) owners and camping enthusiasts.