Uses extensive information security implementation and support experience to analyze, evaluate, design, develop, implement, and support Information Security technology solutions. Leads and/or assists with integration of technology solutions, including software and related hardware, with existing platforms. Recommends and implements new standards and procedures for existing security systems. Performs operational support to implement business use cases, minimize system downtime, maintain a secure environment, and ensure proper backup & recovery provisions are in place. Leads and/or supports the security governance functions related to the supported technologies. Travel may be required.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Assesses, recommends, designs, tests, customizes and implements/installs cybersecurity hardware and software products, as well as the related standards and procedures.
* Assists with deployment and ongoing operational support of cybersecurity products and processes, including Identity and Access Management tools, Data Loss Prevention (DLP) and Data Classification products, Intrusion Detection, Incident Response, Vulnerability & Threat Management as well as other cybersecurity technologies.
* Identifies and implements cybersecurity improvements in the design and/or infrastructure of existing systems.
* Uses hands-on cybersecurity experience to represent the IT Security team as a subject matter expert for various projects.
* Develops, socializes and implements product lifecycle roadmaps for supported cybersecurity technologies.
* Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding current and emerging cybersecurity and information technology trends.
* Creates and executes plans for cybersecurity projects which include timelines, resolving problems on scheduling, controlling projects, ensuring deadlines are met.
* Assists in preparation of estimates and cost benefit analysis for cybersecurity activities and projects.
* Leads second level technical support efforts, as needed for supported cybersecurity products, processes and services.
* May be required to provide 24 hour on-call support.
* Analyzes patterns and trends and recommends/implements innovative solutions within IT and with applicable cybersecurity vendors.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Understands business needs and provides innovative technical cybersecurity solutions to business opportunities.
* Ability to work in an environment with a mix of on-premises and cloud solutions.
* Socializes technology concepts in plain language to less-technical individuals
* Ability to act as a key vendor contact, manage vendor relationships & expectations
* Experience evaluating service level agreement compliance
* Solid communication skills to train and mentor new and/or less-experienced team members
* Self-driven and able to work without direct supervision
* Experience in an information security group in a manufacturing industry · Knowledge of USG's information technology environment
* Information Security industry certifications such as CISSP
* Experience with multiple information security technologies and business applications
USG Corporation is a manufacturer and distributor of building materials.