As Business Analyst of IT Systems you will support and enhance the Information Technology service line systems and initiatives. You will do this by identifying project objectives, designs, conversions, testing and implementations of project plans. You will also acts as liaison between business/clinical customers, vendors and Information Technology teams.
* Supports and enhances IT service line systems and initiatives through identification of project objectives (discovery), design, conversion, testing and implementation of project plans.
* Develops a thorough understanding of the service line departmental operations and understands the application inventory including purpose, business owner, vendor and high level functionality.
* Interacts with business/clinical customers to understand needs and assist in collecting, documenting and analyzing business requirements. Documents and communicates clearly and timely with customers on project status and issues.
* Meets with customers and vendors to define and resolve issues.
* Ensures processes and systems are compliant with Health System policies, applicable laws and regulatory changes. Brings potential impact on service line operations to manager's attention.
* Works with Project Manager to ensure a review and tracking process exists throughout the project life-cycle.
* Leads efforts to discuss and document process workflow with the customer.
* Reports on and documents outcomes, project benefits and improved processes. Recommends process improvement opportunities.
* Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Technology, Healthcare Administration or related field, required.
* Minimum of three (3) years IT administration or technical experience, required. Thorough knowledge of IT functions, required.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, required.
* Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, required. Visio experience, preferred.
* Knowledge of project management principles and process, preferred. Knowledge of Project management tools (MS Project), preferred.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind
our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.