Arbor Realty Trust
Arbor has a tremendous opportunity for a proactive, analytical Business Analyst (BA) to join our technology group. In this highly strategic role you will be the critical link between the business and development teams in defining exact specifications of considered and planned enhancements to our processes, existing and potentially new solutions. Your contribution will be highly valued and paramount to our success as we continue to revolutionize the production processes, delivering efficiencies/cost savings and innovation to Arbor.
The BA will partner with business units to gather, define, and translate business requirements and technical specifications related to platform development, system integrations and third-party interfaces.
A collaborative and critical thinker with experience in mortgage lending and/or mortgage technology industry.
The BA will have the following duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
* Collaborate with business and development leaders to define project scope, vision and identify constraints, dependencies, assumptions, risks and issues
* Elicit business and user requirements via workshops/meetings, workflow storyboards, user stories, process modeling, analysis of competitive systems and other methods
* Translate conceptual business and user requirements into functional/technical requirements and use cases in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers. Includes data mapping, decision tables, and rules
* Develop UX prototypes of interfaces based on the user requirements
* Evaluate business needs against the regulatory, investor and industry requirements to determine strategic initiatives and priorities
* Identify areas that can be enabled/optimized through re-engineering of the existing process or with technology
* Produce and manage user requirements within a Business Requirement Document
* Work with peers and stakeholders to prioritize requirements and gain approval on defined requirements
* Manage the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle
* Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications of requirements according to the established process to business, development leaders and other key stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood as they occur
* Facilitate and participate in quality peer review processes to ensure requirements are complete, consistent, comprehensible, feasible, and conform to standards
* Validate that test cases provide full coverage of requirements and participate in defect triage
* Perform quality control and other analysis of features to verify objectives were satisfied
* Drive and support defect resolution on assigned initiatives and features post-release as needed
* Work with the business to develop the release process to ensure end users have necessary knowledge of the new process / solution / features
* Act as a promoter and driver of change and process improvement
* Minimum of 3 years of business analyst experience including proven experience and aptitude for supporting development engagements comprised of stakeholders from the business, architecture and development
* Experience in the origination / production segment of the mortgage business is highly preferred.
Education: Bachelor's degree.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent organizational and time management skills.
* Excellent problem-solving skills to assist in issue resolution.
* Strong analytic and critical thinking skills.
* Ability to understand and translate complex processes, concepts and systems to non-technical users.
* Experience with business process optimization methodologies such as Lean and Six Sigma.
* Ability to work well with people in all levels of the organization.
* Capable of working on multiple projects of a complex nature.
* Ability to effectively use project management, word processing and spreadsheet applications.
* Familiar with application development software and hardware platforms.
* Ability to understand internal partners supported and their terminology.
* Ability to act as liaison between business and technical teams.
Travel: Between 10% and 20%
About Arbor Realty Trust
Arbor Realty Trust is a real estate investment trust that invests in a diversified portfolio of multifamily & commercial real estate.