Sirius International Insurance Group, Ltd. ("Sirius") is an international, multi-billion dollar, public company with worldwide interests in insurance and reinsurance. A subsidiary of CMIG International, Sirius is a Bermuda domiciled holding company providing reinsurance on a worldwide basis through its principal operating companies in Bermuda, Stockholm, New York and London.
Sirius is currently seeking a Business Analyst for the firm's office in downtown Manhattan.
The Business Analyst is the key liaison between the business units and the technical delivery team, bringing discipline, efficiency and flexibility of requirements and testing processes, enabling increased foresight among business stakeholders with emphasis on long term, strategic business goals to be achieved via Information Technology. Key deliverables include but are not limited to requirements analysis, business process improvements, risk management, quality assurance and project management.
Requirements Analysis and Solution Definition
* Leads and facilitates Requirement Analysis/ Solution Definition in a dynamic environment, identifying, tracking, escalating and/or resolving business/ system issues.
* Recommends business and IT solutions that satisfy stakeholder needs and enable efficient delivery; continually exploring options for value-add for clients.
* Contributes to successful project completion by identifying risks/ issues and developing/recommending mitigation strategies.
* Facilitates information gathering sessions (e.g. JAD) with decision makers, systems owners and business SMEs to define business, financial, operational and system requirements.
* Identifies business processes gaps and their impacts. Recommends business processes improvements.
* Delivers financial modeling, financial reconciliation and income projection specifications; implement Excel financial models to enhance development and testing effectiveness.
* Ensure project deliverables quality and enable efficient testing (built-in quality).
* Creates systems models, specifications, diagrams, and charts.
* Performs data extract and analysis.
Test Planning and Execution
* Leads efficient test planning and execution efforts delivering effective results.
* Tailor testing level to manage business/IT stakeholders risk appetite and minimize testing effort, duration and required resources.
* Coordinates and performs hands-on, in-depth testing for modified and new systems.
* Provides high quality documentation for test results.
* Ensure requirements/ solution testability by providing timely/ effective feedback.
* Performs Quality Assurance advisory role throughout the project.
* Automates and streamline testing process. Facilitates defects resolution.
* Query and extract data as required to perform test scenarios.
* Troubleshoots issues by defining the steps to reproduce them in the test environment.
Other Functions and Responsibilities
* Provides project management/ PM support, and vendor management.
* Promote new tools to enhance project delivery efficiency and reduce risks.
* Minimum 3 years of related experience in the Insurance/Reinsurance industry.
* Bachelor's Degree in Financial Mathematics, Math and Statistics, Business Administration, Computer Science, Finance or Accounting.
* Experience in design, development, and implementation of complex business financial applications.
* Knowledgeable of Microsoft products including MS Project, Excel, Word, Windows, Adobe, PowerPoint and MS SQL required.
* Working knowledge of data extract/reporting tools and analysis such as SQL, PL/SQL.
* Must be able to perform duties independently, but also as a member of a team.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills.
* Strong understanding of insurance and reinsurance processes, data analytics, finance reporting systems, business analysis, and workflow is also preferred.
* Strong focus on customer needs and risk management in a challenging/agile environment.
* Strong leadership and highly self-motivated/self-starter and delivery focused.
* Ability to effectively communicate with both, technical and business team members.
* Ability to align IT organization to the company's strategy.
* Experience in working in a Matrix organization.
Sirius is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer excellent opportunities for competitive salaries, employee development and comprehensive benefits for a diverse workforce.