Job Description Arconic Fastening Systems (AFS) is seeking an IT Business Analyst in Torrance, CA to join the project team for a Quality Manufacturing System (QMS) implementation at a state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities across Southern California and Mexico. The implementation is also a technical uplift affecting a range of diverse legacy applications and allows the right candidate to the opportunity to work with a dynamic team to design and develop innovative solutions.
Arconic Fastening Systems (AFS) holds the number one global position in aerospace fastening systems, and we're the North American leader in commercial transportation fasteners. Our high-tech, multi-material fastening systems are found nose to tail on aircraft and aero engines. Our products are also critical components of industrial gas turbines, automobiles, commercial transportation vehicles, and construction and industrial equipment. AFS is a business unit of Arconic (NYSE: ARNC).
Our business analyst review, analyze, and evaluate business processes and organizational needs with a focus on manufacturing business operations. This will encompass processes such as order to cash and plan to produce. Wil also be involved in quality system master data setup and business process configuration. Will work with key business stakeholders and IT developers to resolve business issues. Will create training documentation, work instructions, testing packages, excel tools, and technical specifications for developers. Will need to interact directly with business owners and users, as well as functional Business Analysts, Project Managers, and Support staff to accomplish project milestones.
The business analyst will propose new solutions to business problems, and develop replacement solutions for existing obsolete software. Will follow defined departmental standards, define new standards as appropriate, and transfer knowledge to end users and other members of the IT team.
* Participate as a team member on a QMS implementation;
* Work directly with internal customers to analyze, and document existing business processes and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP);
* Identify and gather business requirements using; use cases, data modeling, process modeling, context diagrams, systems diagrams, etc.,
* Develop functional specifications, test cases, and test plans for system modifications;
* Act as the liaison between the sites, technology teams and support teams;
* Act as an expert on manufacturing data relating to quality, shop floor processes, engineering, and planning functions.
* Minimum of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution;
* Minimum of two (2) years' experience in business system analysis and business process improvement;
* Minimum of two (2) years' experience in Quality and Quality Management Systems (QMS);
* Minimum of two (2) years' experience in an ERP manufacturing environment;
* Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment. eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
* This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
* Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a Business, Engineering or IT-related discipline from an accredited institution;
* Minimum of two (2) years' experience working with core manufacturing business processes (Shop Floor Quality Controls);
* Experience with QAD CEBOS MQ1 or other mid-market Quality systems such as Ideagen Q-Pulse/IPI or IQMS;
* Experience in Material and Resource Planning/Scheduling, Production Routing, Bill of Material Costing, Quality, MES and Warehouse Management;
* Knowledge of Smart Manufacturing/Industry 4.0;
* Aerospace, automotive or electronics manufacturing industry;
* Project management background.
Arconic is a company specializing in lightweight metals engineering and manufacturing.