The IT Asset Management Analyst will work on multiple tasks related to managing, tracking, researching and reporting on Guardian's hardware and software environment. The position will be focused on maintaining accurate inventory of hardware and software licenses, coordinating license maintenance agreement renewals, conducting internal software license reviews, managing hardware assets (laptops, PCs) and creating metrics-based reports for management review.
He/She will need to become familiar with Guardian's contract landscape and assist with managing and tracking hardware and software assets, analysing vendor spend, proposing contract save opportunities, identify risk areas and manage supplier audits. He/She will also need to be experienced with reading IT contracts and accurately interpreting license use and deployment rights. He/She shall track software/hardware deployment and drive Guardian's compliance to related agreements. The position will also interact with different internal partners such as PC Engineering, Helpdesk, Hardware Receiving, Packaging Teams, Sourcing, Contracting, Helpdesk, Legal, etc.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate strong organizational skills, possess the ability to multi-task, be detail oriented, and be able to set and manage priorities. The individual must have strong data analytics experience in order to produce reports out of Altiris, ServiceNow, etc in order to report on Guardian's software and hardware assets to management. He/She will be working collaboratively with two other members of the IT Asset Management team to continue to mature the asset management program at Guardian.
* Contribute to the IT asset management transformation project which entails improving the hardware and software asset management governance and processes across the technology environment
* Must have strong ability in creating reports from the environment on Guardian's hardware and software landscape
* Strong data analytical experience with creating reports from Altiris, ServiceNow, Flexera/Snow to create reports for management (Guardian looking to acquire a new SAM tool within next few months)
* Must be able to conduct meetings with stakeholders on the asset management state at Guardian including opportunities, risks, etc
* Experience with tools such as Altiris, ServiceNow, Flexera, Snow. Someone who can bring forward experiences to drive process improvement, help design asset management standards, and assist in providing governance and oversight of asset management practices
* Become familiar with Guardian's contract landscape and assist with managing and tracking hardware and software assets, analysing vendor spend, proposing contract save opportunities, identify risk areas and manage supplier audits
* Experience in handling an external vendor audit, including: serving as single point of contact, clear communications with vendors compliance team, interactions with Guardian's legal team as required prior to replying to vendor inquiries, consolidation of all existing Guardian deployments and entitlements, organizing the various Guardian teams to ensure comprehensive responses, ability to read and completely understand existing licensing terms to understand entitlements vs deployments, and ability to negotiate with vendor to defend Guardian.
* Experience working with software and hardware companies including Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, HP, Dell, Lenovo, etc
* Reading IT contracts and accurately interpreting license use and deployment rights.
* Directly interfacing with vendors and internal business partners, such as Technology, Sourcing & Contracting, Vendor Management, Legal, Workplace Technology, PC Engineering
* Demonstrating strong organizational skills, possess the ability to multi-task, be detail oriented, and be able to set and manage priorities.
* Working collaboratively with other members of the IT Asset Management team to continue to mature the asset management program at Guardian.
This position reports to the Director of IT Asset Management
* Bachelor's degree in IT, Legal, or Business
* Minimum of 7-10 years' experience in IT Asset Management required.
* Demonstrable understanding of the end-to-end asset management process.
* Demonstrate strong data analytics in creating ITAM reports for management
* Excellent computer skills along with presentation creation ability (PowerPoint and Excel)
* Must demonstrate contract analysis and negotiation skills.
* Demonstrated organizational skills to handle simultaneous projects
* Expertise and proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite and Office365 (i.e. Skype, OneNote, OneDrive, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams) and other presentational or collaboration software
* Medical, dental, vision, and prescription plans
* Competitive salary
* Attractive Paid Time Off (PTO)
* Life and disability insurance
* Tuition assistance program
* Wellness discounts
* Social responsibility is part of our mission. It stems from our corporate values of putting people first, doing the right thing, and holding ourselves to high standards.
* As a company and as employees, we are engaged in a variety of initiatives such as volunteering within our local communities, educational alliances with colleges, focusing on sustainability, and promoting diversity and inclusion.
* Occasional Travel to other Guardian offices within U.S.
Every day, Guardian provides Americans the security they deserve through our insurance and wealth management products and services. Since our founding in 1860, our long-term view has helped our customers prepare for whatever life brings whether starting a family, planning for the future or taking care of employees. Today, we're a Fortune 250 mutual company and a leading provider of life, disability, dental, and other benefits for individuals, at the workplace and through government sponsored programs. The Guardian community of 9,500 employees and our network of over 2,700 financial representatives is committed to serving with expertise when, where and how our clients need us. Our commitments rest on a strong financial foundation, which at year-end 2018 included $8.5 billion in capital and $1.6 billion in operating income. For more information, please visit guardianlife.com or follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Guardian® is a registered trademark of the Guardian Life Insurance Company of America.