The IT Architect - Security is responsible for the planning and solution design of Michaels Identity and Access Management infrastructure. This position is the primary resource for defining Identity and Access Management strategy, design and implementation of Michaels IAM capability and is responsible for validating the design with the full Architecture team as well as transitioning support of completed enhancements to the support organization. The Architect will provide support to both application and infrastructure project teams to ensure that any required enhancement to the IDM systems are correctly sized and meet configuration standards. The position reports to the Director, Technical Architecture and Engineering
Solution Design and Project Support
* Serves as top-level technical expert in the analysis, design, implementation, and maintenance of IAM infrastructure
* Consult with key stakeholders, including business, security, architecture and project teams, to understand any requirements enhancements
* Provide Level of Effort estimates and detail tasks lists related to Identity and Access Management to project managers to incorporate in their project plans and budgets.
* Perform any build and configuration necessary to support project requirements while meeting the approved project budgets and timelines.
* Ensure all enhancements or new capabilities meet the approved standards and requirements.
* Provide requirements for technology required to support any enhancements including server, storage and network configuration.
* Document new capabilities and enhancements related to Identity and Access management to support effective transition to support.
* Partner with support team to ensure new capabilities are smoothly integrated into established operational process including security, monitoring, backups, and failover / disaster recovery
* Partner with Architecture teams to develop solution designs·
* Drive to deliver technology and products in the roadmap on schedule and with the highest quality
3rd Level Support
* Provide escalation support for operations and support teams, including root cause analysis and preventative analysis
* Subject matter expert in Tivoli Access Manager, Tivoli Identity Manager, Tivoli Federated Identity Manager, and Tivoli Access Manager - Webseal
* Proactively manages the suite of identity and access management technologies including providing recommendations for improving service and escalating areas that may impact service availability.
* Works with support and project teams to analyze database capacity and provide recommendations to ensure that budget and refresh plans align with anticipated demand.
* Provide advice, guidance and direction to carry out plans and procedures, ensuring schedule attainment, product development process adherence, performance and budget targets are met
* Research and bring to manager operational best practices for monitoring and maintaining Identity Management (IDM) infrastructure and capability.
Internal Consulting / Team Liaison
* Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of industry directions and trends in the area of system engineering
* Owns the development of roadmaps and participate in the standards process for Identity and Access Management (IAM) solutions
* Partners with Architecture and Support teams to establish and revise standards and processes as required.
* Develop and recommend technical strategies and solutions to maintain and/or expand IAM functionality in conjunction with the Architecture team.
* Reviews and analyzes existing IAM services for opportunities to reduce costs through removal of excess or inappropriate services.
* Conduct ongoing technology assessments, research new products and features, and develop cost effective recommendations and plans for optimizing IAM environment.
* Demonstrate excellent communication and trouble-shooting skills and experience working in complex, team oriented environment is required.
* BS/BA degree or equivalent preferred, equivalent experience or certifications will be considered.
* Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
* IBM Certified Associate -Tivoli Identity Manager
* IBM Certified Advanced Deployment Professional - IBM Security Identity and Access Assurance
* IBM Certified Deployment Professional - Tivoli Federated Identity Management
* All certifications are not required. Certifications in multiple disciplines are considered a plus.
* Working knowledge of other identity management systems including Oracle Access Management and Microsoft Active Directory would be a plus. .
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in an IT environment with 3 years of experience managing and supporting projects
* Experience with the IBM suite of access management tools including: IBM Security Access Manager, Tivoli Access Manager, Tivoli Directory Server, and Tivoli Federated Identity Manager
* Firm understanding of authentication and authorization technologies and protocols including: SAML, OATH, OAuth, federation, certificates, multi-factor authentication, and XACML
* Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple concurrent requests. assist users in defining requirements, learn new concepts and technical functions quickly, and produce clear and accurate documentation
* Demonstrated excellent communication and trouble-shooting skills
* Experience working in complex, team oriented environment is required
* Working with managed service and offshore teams.
* Supporting PCI and SOX security standards as they relate to identity and access management.
* Maintains regular and reliable levels of attendance
The Michaels Companies is a company that owns and operates arts and crafts specialty retail stores.