Under general supervision, designs and implements IT architecture (integrated process, applications, data and technology) solutions to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards. Performs technical planning, architecture development and modification of specifications. This level of architect will generally perform this work across domains with the assistance of engineers and other architects. Will provide guidance and work direction to other team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Designs and implements short and long-term strategic goals for managing and maintaining systems and software.
* Assesses the compatibility and integration of products/services proposed as standards in order to ensure an integrated architecture across interdependent technologies. Develops specifications for new products/services, applications and service offerings.
* Elicits requirements from business and IT users, and then translates those requirements into technical solutions.
* Defines processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility.
* Conceives system interfaces and business application prototypes.
* Identifies, analyzes and resolves system design weaknesses by developing and executing test plans to check infrastructure and systems technical performance. Report on findings and make recommendations for improvement.
* Influences the shaping of future products by contributing to the framework (architecture) used across multiple products or systems.
* Conducts research on new technologies and makes recommendations for improving or altering company systems.
* Participates in negotiating and administering vendor and consultant contracts.
* Provides guidance and work direction to other Architects.
* Other duties may be assigned.
* This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field;
* Ten (10) years related experience;
* Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Expert ability to translate business strategy into technology and plan, develop and design solutions at the Enterprise level.
* Ability to communicate, present, facilitate and collaborate with others.
* Development of integrated corporate, distributed, and client server business systems which operate at lower cost levels.
* Leading other architects in development, specification, and communication of technology architecture plan.
* Architecture planning
* System integration planning
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITY:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Work is in an office setting and generally sedentary with physical effort associated with using a computer, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
* May be required to occasionally lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects up to 25 pounds.
* Job FamilyIT
* Pay TypeSalary
* Corp Dallas - 2001 Bryan Street Suite 1600 (75201), Dallas, Texas, United States of America