POSITION: Senior Technician, IT Corporate Services
Are you passionate about solving end user issues, and providing solutions to enable a modern and productive workplace? Here within Digital Realty's IT department, we pride ourselves in our ability to focus on improving the value that Digital Realty gets from its investments in technology. Join the Digital Realty IT Engineering and Operations team to work closely with Corporate Services, IT Engineering, and other groups to implement and maintain quality and customer focused solutions.
* A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related degree preferred, or a combination of education, training, and work experience
* Minimum 5 years' experience in increasingly complex roles supporting end users
* Proven experience with outstanding interpersonal and communication (written & oral) skills
* ITIL Foundation V3 Certification preferred with experience implementing IT service operations processes: incident management, problem management, request fulfilment, access management, etc.
* Subject Matter Expert in the delivery of desktop systems and applications in the following areas:
* Microsoft Windows 10 endpoint lifecycle via MS SCCM, Autopilot, GPO, Azure On premise AD
* Microsoft Office365 and Office 2016 (macOS and Windows)
* Working experience in four or more of the following areas:
* Mac OS 10.10.x (and later) managed endpoints using Jamf PRO
* Active Directory Administration
* PowerShell or VB scripting
* SCCM - Reference image, task sequencing, and in-place upgrade deployments, application packaging and deployment, patching
* Print and Multifunction Device Management
* Mobile Device Management
* Vendor management
* Asset Management - Lifecycle maintenance of workstation inventory including tracking the status of IT assets for end user including laptops, desktops and all peripherals. Create inventory reports upon request. Refresh laptops and desktops that become out of warranty.
* Experience in working with managed service providers for IT operations support
* Experience with licensing agreements including MS EA, Adobe, Autodesk,
* Demonstrated experience in working within a global organization
The Senior Technician, IT Corporate Services, is responsible for ensuring that the IT Corporate Services team member's deliver IT services to our end users according to identified objectives and agreed service levels. The Senior Technician will need to have a strong customer service ethos, and be capable of interacting with both users and management to drive customer focused technical support to the Digital Realty end user in the support of IT services including workstations, laptops, operating systems, applications, software, hardware, and peripherals. The incumbent must be detail oriented, capable of collaborating with a global team of technicians delivering technical solutions, exhibit critical thinking and problem analysis, and communicate professionally in a timely manner with the ability to adapt and learn new skills quickly.
* Provide mentorship and accountability to the regional Desktop Support Technicians in providing excellent customer experience in support of incident and request management for IT services.
* Provide on-site and remote technical support using tools for standard configurations of workstations, laptops, operating systems, software, hardware, printers, and peripherals.
* Assist in system upgrades and maintenance, including but not limited to, add and/or remove memory, hard drives, video cards and power supplies.
* Deploy software and system images for multiple OS and hardware standards.
* Schedule and implement regular patching to the desktop infrastructure in coordination with IT engineering and information security teams.
* Configure and support various mobile device platforms.
* Identify and prioritize tasks and assignments as needed for the Tier 2 support team, participate in ticket coordination and overflow at identified thresholds.
* Adhere to performance standards in order to exemplify the execution of IT Operations processes and ensure proper levels of customer service are continuously delivered for maximum engagement in a 24x7 operating environment.
* Maximize use of the current IT Service Management tools to accurately identify each incident, request, problem, change, or asset record while ensuring accurate documentation is entered for each record.
* Mentor team members in best practices for incident management including detailed ticket documentation, and application of analytical skills to identify root cause and quickly determine the resolution.
* Research reported problems as assigned to determine the background, current state, identify root cause or known error and identify escalation team as requested.
* Drive optimization of the knowledge management tools to enable quick resolution for known errors, configurations, and common issues.
* Collaborate on weekly/monthly reporting providing IT service delivery metrics and key performance indicators.
* Monitor incident and request management metrics, facilitate training and coaching for team members and managed service providers.
* Monitor the team schedule to ensure coverage during hours of operations, and designated after hours' responsibility as needed.
* Assist in recruiting, screening, and interviewing for IT operations candidates as directed.
* Participate in projects and feature enhancements meetings and calls as directed to ensure delivery as agreed.
* Work closely with all IT Engineering and Operations teams including: Productivity, Infrastructure, Network, Engineering, Voice and Conferencing, Collaboration, and IT Information Security to ensure that all Digital Realty end users are supported.
* Drive continual improvement using metrics and data to coach or train the team members and managed service providers.
* Collaborate in the delivery of end user communications, training, and programs to ensure rapid adoption of IT services.
* Participate in the oversight of vendor relationships and ensure compliance with licensing and support agreements.
* Travel to remote office locations as directed
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Digital Realty: Where the cloud lives and business thrives
We built the global standard for technical real estate, developing a unique capability to acquire, manage, and scale data center campuses. Now, Digital Realty is building a unique ecosystem of open solutions that power customer growth through exceptional service on a foundation of unrivaled data center expertise. The new Digital Realty combines unparalleled data center services, carrier-dense interconnection, real estate acumen, and financial strength to create unique power of choice and value when and where our customers need it.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day-above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
About Digital Realty
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 2,000 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.
ENTER HERE - ADDITIONAL REQUIRED SKILLS NOT ARLEADY IN THE JOB DESCRIPTION
ENTER HERE - ADDITIONAL REQUIRED EXPERIENCE NOT ARLEADY IN THE JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Location Ashburn, Virginia, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
About Digital Realty
Digital Realty provides customized data analysis solutions to businesses such as financial services, IT and internet enterprises.