Position Objective: The IT Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.
The IT Administrator shall provide technology support services to ensure the effective operations of the GAP Solutions IT environment to include:
* Desktop, Laptops - should be familiar with support and hardening technics (disk encryption, patch management, anti-virus, etc.)
* On-Premise File Servers, Business Application Support and support of the Development environment - should be familiar with support and hardening of Microsoft Server environment (patch management, security scanning, DISA STIG compliance, etc.)
* Interfacing and Support of GAP's hosted services (vendor provides IaaS services)
* Interfacing and Support of the GAP hosted phone service to include configuration of features such as auto attendant, softphone, password resets, etc.
* Support of GAP's customer facing hosted applications (vendor partner provides IaaS) to include Server Operating System implementation, on-going support (patch management, security scanning, etc.) in compliance with Federal mandates.
* Support of GAP's Office365 environment including the full suite of O365 services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide on-going support and administration of the GAPs IT environment
* Provide on-going support to the GAP's users
* Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
* Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
* Contribute to and maintain system standards.
* Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
* Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
* Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
* Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
* Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
* Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
* Provide Tier I/II/III other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
* Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
* Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
* Upgrade and configure system software that supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
* Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
* Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
* Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
* Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's Degree or other technical certifications (Microsoft Certifications Preferred)
* A minimum of two (2) years' work experience is required
* Must have an existing background check/clearance.
* Experience with the administration and management
* Demonstrated experience documenting processes and providing professional briefs and presentations.
* Demonstrated experience and proficiency with Microsoft technologies.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
GAP Solutions provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
GAP Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.