Job Posting Description
At Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Information Services Department (ISD), and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.
This ISD Project Manager I will be responsible for:
* Representing ISD in Facilities project construction and planning meetings
* Identify action items.
* Participate in the creation of project schedules.
* Document project status and schedules.
* Communicate relevant information to ISD teams.
* Reviewing of project documents including drawings, specifications
* Ensure consistency with BCH standards.
* Identify issues to be addressed / action items.
* Track and communicate design changes.
* Tracking and communicating project schedules
* Publish schedules and ensure awareness of project milestones.
* Document project tasks and assignments.
* Attending project walkthroughs
* Document current conditions.
* Communicate decisions / action items.
* Meeting with user groups and Facilities project management to identify and document infrastructure systems requirements.
* Communicating project details to relevant teams through scheduled group meetings and one-on-one communications.
To qualify, you must have:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a closely related field is required.
* Experience collaborating directly with end users, IT staff, planners, architects, and engineers.
* Familiarity with the concepts of low-voltage communication systems design.
* Familiarity with the concepts of audio-visual systems design.
* Ability to read and interpret construction documents, specifications and drawings.
* Experience working on large-scale construction projects and familiarity with project team roles and responsibilities.
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software including Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
* Ability to clearly communicate project tasks, milestones and deadlines.
* Professional attitude and appearance.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work independently and on multiple projects at the same time.
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, and discounted rates on T-passes. Discover your best.
Boston Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.