As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
Incumbent will report to the Service Desk Team Lead. Provide routine technical support to end-users through the department's telephone support line, including software setup, configuration and troubleshooting.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide professional, efficient and effective customer service to our end user community
* Answer and record calls coming into the 24/7 Service Desk using ITIL best practices.
* Provide reference number to all callers
* Process tickets submitted through self service using ITIL best practices.
* Perform troubleshooting to end users for PHS and all its entities
* Utilize stored information and documentation to help resolve issues
* Utilize various communication methods including email and instant messaging applications
* Prioritize and triage calls to appropriate groups if call cannot be resolved using ITIL best practices.
* Provide daily turnover reports
* Maintain proper shift coverage for answering calls
* Participate on projects including but not limited to Service Desk improvements, customer communication, peer-to-peer communication, and deployment of new technology
* Work with groups external to the Service Desk to ensure a timely and effective hand-off of triaged calls
* Relocate to an emergency location if needed
* Perform other duties as assigned by Service Desk Lead
* One year experience in Customer Service, phone experience preferred
* Hands on PC or Macintosh experience a plus
* Ability to have a flexible schedule; cover any shift which can include occasional after hours and weekend hours
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills, listening skills and patience
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Self sufficient
* Ability to multitask and prioritize work requirements
* Ability to be flexible, versatile, and adaptable in day to day activities conducted in a multi-site environment
* General knowledge of supported software packages: MS Office, Exchange, Internet Explorer, and SharePoint
* Knowledge of desktop operating systems: Windows and Mac OS
* Knowledge of mobile devices including but not limited to smartphones & tablets
* Knowledge of HP printers
* Knowledge of repair of Intel based PC hardware
* Familiar with computer hardware including basic data communications networking equipment, hubs, routers, and cabling infrastructure
* Familiarity with Service Desk ticketing applications (ServiceNow, Service Manager, Remedy, etc..) a plus
* General knowledge of LAN, Wi-Fi, VPN and internet working protocols
* Knowledge of IT Service Management (ITIL) best practices in process areas of incident management and request fulfillment a plus
About Partners HealthCare
Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service.