The Manager of Costco's SAP Global Platform Basis Operations is responsible for directing the efforts of Basis Engineers and Analysts in support of our production SAP platform. The current SAP Production landscape hosts Membership, Financials, Employee Portal, Vendor Portal, and Payroll. This manager will oversee the development and implementation of standards documentation, process documentation, as well as driving process improvement through automation. The successful candidate is a progressive leader who is self-motivated, who will ensure process coordination across teams, is customer focused, and has an established history of successful process improvement and innovation.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
* Provides training, encouragement, coaching, and feedback to employees. Evaluates employee performance and provides coaching as needed to ensure department, business and company procedures and standards are met.
* Reviews output, monitors workload and sets standards for productivity and accuracy. Conducts yearly performance reviews and provides regular coaching and training to all staff.
* Responds to employee concerns using problem-solving skills, tact, and discretion in accordance with the Costco Employee Agreement and other applicable regulations.
* Develops and maintains a team atmosphere through communication and mentoring. Establishes new ways of acknowledging positive performance to support employee morale.
* Reviews applicant submissions for job postings, conducts interviews and makes recommendations regarding hiring status.
* Leads a team of SAP Basis Analysts and Engineers dedicated to providing top tier service to our customers.
* Collaborates and communicates effectively with vertical and horizontal teams.
* Coordinates with SAP Operations and Project Support to maintain and foster a sense of urgency within the team and the organization.
* Communicates effectively with all levels of management.
* Performs analysis of current processes and leads effort for continual process improvement.
* Develops metrics and KPI's in an effort to track and reduce unplanned downtime.
* 24x7 support of Costco's ERP platform, running Finance, Membership, Payroll, etc.,
* Possess a proven track record of process improvement.
* Successful history of metrics implementation and reporting.
* Ability to collaborate across teams, working closely with peers to ensure the appropriate focus and sense of urgency is applied to any and all issues.
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary.
* Assists in other departments of the company as necessary.
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
Computer, phone, printer, copier, fax
Experience, skills, education & licenses/certifications
* Experienced in process development and continuous improvement.
* Demonstrated architecture and design expertise with SAP applications, enterprise server and storage networking projects in support of SAP in large-scale environments.
* Proven ability to identify and remove impediments that block the team's ability to meet project objectives.
* Proven ability to build trusting and lasting relationships with stakeholders.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong proven leadership/team building.
* Innovative, creative, and able to create long-term strategies with a "big picture" mindset.
* Demonstrated ability to quickly understand complex systems.
* Ability to work on many tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment.
* Strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail; and strong organizational skills.
* Experience in managing technical and performance metrics and driving a team to produce results.
* Proven ability to resolve issues that are outside of the individual's training or background.
* Proven ability to drive issues to resolution, which may involve direct interaction with senior leadership within Costco and the customer organizations.
* Ability to travel by air and auto and work a varying schedule that includes weekends and holidays as required by the business.
* Familiarity with multiple Costco business areas from an IT perspective.
* Familiarity with Costco's core business environment related to Merchandising, Warehouse Operations, and company philosophies.
* Experience managing large SAP Enterprise Landscapes with multiple development rails.
* Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team.
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.
To Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.
Costco Wholesale Corporation operates membership warehouses.