A fully competent project management professional who has a broad understanding of solutions and industry best practices. This first-level project management position provides consistent creative and high quality solution leadership ensuring project quality and timely delivery within budget to the customer's satisfaction.
Employs independent judgment in guiding moderately complex activities involved in the successful implementation of an integrated business solution, ensuring project quality and timely delivery within budget to the customer's satisfaction. Analyzes business needs to help ensure Oracle's solution meets the customer's objectives by combining industry best practices and product knowledge. Effectively applies Oracle's methodologies, policies, and procedures while adhering to contractual obligations, thereby minimizing Oracle's risk and exposure. As a project lead, assists project team with aspects of their roles. Effectively influences decisions at the management level of customer organizations. Ensures deliverables are acceptable and works closely with the customer to understand and manage project expectations. Supports business development efforts by pursuing new opportunities and extensions. Collaborates with the consulting sales team by providing domain credibility. Manages the scope of small projects and sub-projects.
6-8 years of experience relevant to this position including 0-5 years of project management experience. Demonstrated ability to follow solid project management principles. Comfortable working in a matrix management environment. Strong communication skills to deal with internal stakeholders, customers, and vendors. Product, technology or industry expertise relevant to the portfolio focus. Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience. Ability to travel as needed.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Clinical Trial Project Manager (IRT)
Recruiting Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organization Name: Health Sciences Global Business Unit
The Oracle Health Sciences Global Business Unit (HSGBU) is a specialized business unit focused solely on the software and service requirements of the health sciences industry. By delivering software solutions aimed at adding value to Healthcare and life science organizations the HSGBU has the opportunity to be at the forefront of enabling better patient outcomes within the industry.
The Project Manager is part of the global Interactive Response Technology (IRT) Professional Services team that ensures customer satisfaction through effective delivery of our software solutions, professional services, understanding the client's business requirements, guiding their implementation and assisting in the configuration of the various products. The Project Manager's responsibility will extend throughout the project life cycle - analyzing customer requirements, establishing and maintaining project scope, internal team oversight, project financials, facilitating communications and accountability, and to ensure successful system implementation according to the clients' requirements.
Our teams work with cutting edge technologies and interact seamlessly with our industry-expert product management, quality assurance, documentation, and customer support teams in both life sciences and healthcare.
To learn more about our suites, visit http://www.oracle.com/us/industries/life-sciences/037879.htm.
Responsibilities: The responsibilities of this individual include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Lead software project implementations with particular focus on the delivery of solutions within life sciences industry (Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Medical Devices, CRO's, and Academic & Public Health).
* Primary interfaces with client regarding project status, budget, scope and issues.
* Work with the study team to scope required effort and define timelines.
* Works closely with client and project team to identify and assure delivery against key business.
* Track and communicate project status, plans, issues, timelines, action items, and budgets.
* Responsible for the technical and business quality of engagement work products, solutions, and deliverables.
* Assure process compliance with all regulatory procedural requirements.
* Manage activities for cross functional teams and coordinate technology and implementation plans with internal and external resources (domestic/international teams) application design - manage delivery of new processes within a customer consultative relationship to ensure highest quality and client satisfaction.
* Process design - Identify opportunities for process improvements (assess, recommend, and implement recommendations).
* Demonstrated understanding of computer systems and software application implementation (web and/or client server) including knowledge of software development life cycle.
* Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills a must.
* Ability to work as part of a team, yet work independently on complex problems.
* Logical approach to problem solving and excellent eye for detail.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks and project deliverables.
* Proven track record of meeting project timeliness/deliverables and attention to detail, process, deadlines and quality results.
* Demonstrated success with customers during project assessment, planning, development, training and implementation.
* Self-motivated and keen ability to multi-task
Education and Experience Preferred:
* BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
* Life sciences industry experience and knowledge of clinical trial process preferred (pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies, CRO's and academic & public health organizations).
* IVRS/IWRS experience preferred.
* Experience in a customer-facing role, preferably with a software professional services organization or consulting background is preferred.
* Consulting experience
* MS Project experience
* Familiar with the SQL, C#, ASP, .NET, and XML technology.
Oracle is a computer technology corporation developing and marketing computer hardware systems and enterprise software products.