IRM Reg Tech Sys Supp Spec III
IRM Regional Technician Systems Support Specialist III - The Regional Technician (RT) is a customer service focused position that provides direct support to agency employees within a specific geographic area supporting various computer devices including tablets, cell phones and network equipment. The RT participates in IT projects to refresh computer equipment, reconcile and maintain accurate computer inventory of devices and equipment. Position requires good verbal communication and customer service skills for assisting agency employees with new technology setup. The RT communicates routinely with other members of the District Administrative Team, counterparts in other Districts and/or State Office, and with outsourced service providers to provide cohesive technology-related customer service to all district employees. The RT is responsible for monitoring the incident and request queue daily and resolving incidents within service-level agreement timelines. The RT promotes and conforms to all security policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
Customer Support (65%) Supports agency staff within a specific geographic area with hardware, software, network, and mobile device functionality including move/add/change assignments; provides Tier 2 customer support for assigned area, and documents activities and incident resolutions.
Asset Management (15%) Maintains accurate inventory of agency computer equipment and completes all property inventory documentation.
Project Management and Support (10%) Assists in the planning and implementation of Information Technology Initiatives as related to changes in equipment, devices, network, and site movies.
Other Responsibilities (10%) handling service requests and troubleshooting technical issues; and testing new equipment and software.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
Knowledge of the general practices, principles, and techniques of computer operation with major focus on mobile devices (i.e., tablets, laptops and cellular/smart phones).
* Knowledge of local and wide area networks, active directory, add/ delete network users, database administration, and management information systems.
* Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
* Skill in effective verbal and written communications of technical information to technical and non-technical staff.
* Ability to prioritize and manage heavy workloads.
* Ability to interact with all levels of staff and provide effective customer support.
* Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to operate a personal computer and software packages.
* Ability to travel between office locations to support customers; travel may up to 10% of work time.
* Ability to work evenings, weekends, either pre-planned or on-call.
* Ability to lift heavy equipment (between 40-60 pounds).
Registration or Licensure Requirements:
Prefer CompTIA A+ certification. Initial Selection Criteria:
Graduation from high school or equivalent. Two years' work experience in a distributed system* environment in a computer terminal operation, troubleshooting computer systems problems or systems support work, including training staff on how to operate computer and/or mobile device equipment and installing and repairing equipment. Ability to lift 40-60 pounds, travel 35 percent and work flexible work schedules.
* Distributed systems are the concept of using personal computers to connect to Local/Wide Area Networks for data processing operations and communications with agency computer applications.
Acceptable Substitutions: • Sixty semester hours from an accredited four-year college or university may be substituted for the required work experience.
Note: Military occupation(s) that relate to the initial selection criteria and registration or licensure requirements for this position may include, but not limited to: 25B, IT, 2621, 3D1X1. All active duty military, reservists, guardsmen, and veterans are encouraged to apply if qualified to fill this position. For more information see the Texas State Auditor's Military Crosswalk at http://www.hr.sao.state.tx.us/Compensation/JobDescriptions.aspx. MOS Code:
25B, IT, 2621, 3D1X1
HHS agencies use E-Verify. You must bring your I-9 documentation with you on your first day of work.
I-9 Form - Click here to download the I-9 form.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), HHS agencies will provide reasonable accommodation during the hiring and selection process for qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance completing the on-line application, contact the HHS Employee Service Center at 1-888-894-4747. If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodation to participate in the interview process, please notify the person scheduling the interview.