IP Technician, Ntwk Ops Ctr (NOC IP Support + Security)
This role is a subject matter expert in complex telecommunications networks and T-Mobile processes. Knowledgeable in advanced remote network surveillance and the ability to troubleshoot network outages. Job duties include testing, isolating faults, troubleshooting network and interface problems with transport vendors. This function may be called upon to work within all elements of the T-Mobile network which includes the backbone network, Cisco routers, BGP, OSPF, MPLS, Checkpoint firewalls, and A10 load balancers. This role will mentor, direct, and train other technicians to develop their skills, including fault identification, isolation, and resolution as well as performing system upgrades, changes, and verifying system operation.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comQualifications
* 3+ years' experience in a technical role.
* Intermediate level Understanding of TCP/IP concepts and common router user interfaces and command structure.
* Intermediate level Knowledge of basic Cisco topology.
* Good skills in Microsoft applications, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
* Good communications skills
* This position operates in a 24x7x365 environment. Shift work and the ability to participate in quarterly shift rotation are required.
* CCNA or CCNP highly preferred
* CISSP or Security certifications
* Experience with Cisco equipment
* Experience with Check Point firewalls and A10 load balancers
* High School Diploma
* In lieu of the experience requirement a Bachelor's degree, or Associates degree + 1 year of experience may be considered.
License or Certification
Employer is not currently sponsoring work visas for this position.
This position requires mobility (standing, walking, climbing, etc.); the ability to get from one place to another. This position requires bending, turning, twisting of your neck or at the waist. This position requires balancing and maintaining equilibrium. This position operates in a 24x7x365 environment. Shift work and the ability to participate in an on-call rotation are required.
* Works as part of a cross-functional team to conduct routine remote surveillance and tier 1 maintenance activities for all network nodes in his/her area of responsibility. Provides support to other technicians and engineers. Performs fault isolation tests related to transport trouble. Monitors network alarms, and performs fault isolation testing on radio and switching networks and peripherals, Creates and responds to work orders and trouble tickets by either conducting restoration efforts or dispatching the appropriate technician for resolution. Escalates trouble tickets with third party vendors such as transport, power and telco companies, as well as second tier organizations within T-Mobile.
* Operations Support: Answers inbound telephone calls from a wide variety of client organizations and external groups and performs the necessary support required by the caller. Provides support during large scale outages and disaster recovery efforts.
* Enrolls in and completes training requirements to stay current on existing and new systems and products, to grow skills, and to maintain proficiency on company values and organizational requirements. Identifies, researches, and develops process improvements and recommends them to management for implementation.
* Works with more senior-level technicians to gain working knowledge of how to complete more complex troubleshooting and repair functions. Uses resource documentation for reference and troubleshooting network problems.
About T-Mobile USA
T-Mobile USA provides wireless solutions.