What you'll be doing...
Member of a team providing Planning and Technical life cycle management for Verizon Networks with focus on Planning and Technical Management for the Intelligent Edge Network (iEN) and various IP technologies. This individual would be responsible for evaluating deployment alternatives and identifying the detailed requirements for deployment of new network platforms, services, features, and architectures. They would work on vendor product management, approval of new technology for use in the Verizon IP Network, and managing the technical aspects of technology introduction via First Office Applications with a focus on ensuring compliance with Verizon requirements and timely resolution of technical issues. They would also be responsible for analyzing the technical nature of products; and the capital, expense, and operational impacts of product deployment. This individual will work closely with IP Design and Architecture, Maintenance Engineering, Capacity Planning, IT, Operations and other stakeholder organizations.
* Analyze various long term and tactical deployment alternatives for technical feasibility and financial viability.
* Develop detailed Planning Guidelines to support the deployment of IP Technology
* Lead company-wide cross-functional teams for business and technical issue resolution and product selection.
* Work with Corporate Sourcing to issue and analyze IP Network equipment RFPs.
* Work with Corporate Sourcing and Legal to review and negotiate favorable Vendor Equipment contracts.
* Work with key Stakeholders to ensure that all impacted Organizations and their associated processes are aligned prior to the authorization of changes in or additions to the network.
* Work with IT and SAFe Agile project teams to ensure Network projects and associated User Requirements are well documented and prioritized to support key corporate initiatives.
* Reviewing new architectures, services, and products to ensure business cases capture all network costs and that proposed designs are technically viable and operationally manageable.
* Work with vendors to identify current and future technology requirements for network implementation.
* Responsible for vendor product management including maintaining action registers, managing resolution of technical issues, addressing problems found during testing, and field performance deficiencies.
* Responsible for leading resolution with suppliers of hardware and software issues impacting the planned or production use of network platforms.
* Facilitate technical analyses, lab testing, equipment configuration development, trial plans, and FOAs.
* Manage and prioritize all Maintenance Engineering lab testing of network hardware, equipment software releases, and various support systems to ensure technical, operational, and service requirements are met.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in an IP technical position (Engineering, Network Planning, Operations Planning, Technology, or related field)
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications or related discipline.
* Knowledge of IP Technologies and Verizon's IP Network architecture.
* Leadership skills.
* Experience leading and participating in large deployment projects
* Experience with Design, Planning, Engineering or Operations of IP Networks
* Experience modeling network configurations and developing cost and technical analysis of alternative solutions
* Strong technical, analytical, and project management skills
* Strong interpersonal, communications and leadership skills
* Ability to manage multiple projects
* Knowledge of NCM processes and systems as needed to manage Planning Capital Program
* Strong problem solving abilities
* Knowledge of short/long term impacts of network deployment planning recommendations
* Self-motivated to achieve objectives and meet or exceed client expectations
* Ability to successfully interact with and provide information to all levels of management
* Knowledge of router capacity planning and/or traffic engineering theory
* Knowledge and experience with Cisco, Juniper or Nokia IP network equipment
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.