Requisition Number 19-0142 Post Date 4/19/2019 Title IP Network Engineer City San Marcos State TX Description
Grande Communications is currently searching for an IP Network Engineer for our San Marcos, Texas location. This role supports Sr. Network Engineer and Department with architecting, testing, recommending, and implementing new Data network products and solutions to maintain existing revenue and create new revenue sources by providing support for all integration and acquisition strategies.
In this role, the primary duties will include:
* Provides first escalation point for Network Operations team and all of Grande pertaining to the Data Network.
* Evaluates integration and interoperation of different network elements, enhancements, and new technologies including hardware and software.
* Responsible for developing an environment to ensure the success of Network Operations teams and other Engineers through education, presentations, detailed documentation, and knowledge transfer of network technologies and architectures.
* Responsible for planning, coordinating, and documenting complex dedicated customer/peering turn-ups and major maintenance activities. This includes generating config templates, BCPs, backout plans, etc.
* Responsible for defining and implementing the processes and procedures for handoff to Network Operations.
* Explores and develops improvements in our quote, service order and fulfillment processes.
* Other duties as assigned.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
* Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor's Degree preferred preferably in engineering, computer science or similar studies, or equivalent relevant experience.
* 2-4 years experience with service provider data network design and/or support
* Strong working knowledge with various networking technologies such as BGP, OSPF, TCP/IP, VLANs, CMTS, PNNI, RAS, PBR, Wireless, Ethernet, PoS, ATM, PPP, Frame-relay, and various other technologies
* Experience bringing technology ideas through product development cycle; including testing, planning, documenting, training, tracking, supporting etc.
* Working knowledge of the ISP industry as it relates to BCP's(Best Current Practices), peering, new technologies and vendor management etc.
Does this sound like the career move you've been waiting on?
If so, apply now for immediate consideration!
Grande Communications proudly embraces diversity and continues to be an Equal Opportunity Employer