IOTG Platform SW Tool Development Engineer Job Description
As a software tool engineer in this team you will be responsible for creating robust, reliable, and high performance applications that satisfy both internal and external customer requirements. You will create and run test suites to characterize, conduct validation and performance tuning/analysis on customer platform. You will be part of a tool team and work with multiple disciplines across multiple groups including: electrical validation (EV) engineers, product owners from different business domains, technicians, project managers and other stakeholders.
In this role the engineer will conduct or participate in multidisciplinary research and collaborate with hardware design, electrical validation and/or hardware engineers in the design, development, testing and deployment of software solutions to automate and enhance overall Intel's customer software collaterals. These include developing platform tool for IO margining and electrical validation for distribution to our OEM/ODM customers.
Your tasks will include: designing, developing, testing and deploying applications (at all tiers of the application), working closely with customers, project managers, product owners and other developers while working in an Agile environment.
1. Strong software architecture and development skills for low and high level components.
2. Analog and hardware engineering understanding, OS agnostic development and electrical debugging experience and understanding at platform level.
You should possess a minimum of Bachelor in Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree or Electronic Engineering. Additional to this, successful candidates will possess:
* 2+ years in designing formal tools software on Windows and Linux platform
* Experience in software design/development platform using C, C++, Python and C# .NET
* Experience with server-side technologies (RESTful Web API)
* Experience with object-oriented programming, graphical UI development
* Knowledge of software engineering practices, source control management, testing methodologies
* Demonstrate experience in software troubleshooting/debugging skills
* Familiar with database design & SQL Server
* Familiar with Agile methods (Scrum, Extreme Programming) is a plus
* High level SW development experience, i.e. application or drivers for Windows/Linux would be plus.
* Familiar with test-driven development and unit testing is a plus
* Familiar with x86 architecture and system firmware (e.g. UEFI BIOS or boot loader) is a plus
* Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
* Ability to successfully work in a team setting, across cultural and geographical boundaries in cross-geography teams
* Positive attitude and customer service orientation
* Ability to work independently towards defined goals
* Ability to ensure a timely completion of deliverables and collaborate with partners and stakeholders
* Tolerance of ambiguity and adaptability to change
* Demonstrate experience in project and stakeholder management
Inside this Business Group
Employees of the Internet of Things Solutions Group (IOTG) have an exciting opportunity before them: To grow Intel's leadership position in the rapidly evolving IoT market by delivering the best silicon, software and services that meet a wide range of customer requirements - from Intel® Xeon® to Intel® Quark®. The group, a fresh, dynamic collaboration between Intel's Intelligent Solutions Group and Wind River Systems, utilizes assets from across all of Intel in such areas as industrial automation, retail, automobiles and aerospace. The IOTG team is dedicated to helping Intel drive the next major growth inflection through productivity and new business models that are emerging as a result of IoT.
Intel is a developer and manufacturer of microprocessors and other semiconductor components.