What you'll be doing...
Global Network & Technology (GN&T) Security Planning is seeking an IoT system security SME to lead development of end-to-end security architectures and roadmaps for Verizon's IoT network.The IoT SME will also work with Verizon's IoT system owners to ensure security is built in from the beginning of the programs instead of being bolted on after the fact.The IoT SME will use their system-level knowledge of IoT networks to ensure Verizon has managed all significant security risks and eliminated redundant security capabilities.The SME will also work with academic and research institutions to identify and mitigate long-term security threats affecting IoT networks.
As a member of the System SME team, you will work in a fast-paced environment focused on planning and managing security risk for Verizon's most critical systems.You will interact with the engineers building and operating Verizon's IoT network, security engineering and operations teams, and the Verizon CISO organization to ensure your recommendations address operational considerations.You will leverage the Domain SME team in GN&T Security Planning to ensure your IoT deliverables account for all security domain considerations (e.g., security engineering, IAM, network/asset/data security, software development, assessment, testing, and operations).You will collaborate with vendors and the broader IoT and security communities to stay up to speed on the latest security developments and ensure their future capabilities align with Verizon's needs.
* Define objectives, technical work, and timeline for developing IoT security architectures, roadmaps, and requirements.
* Develop IoT security architectures, roadmaps, and requirements.
* Build relationships with program, engineering, operations, security, and CISO teams to understand how to develop plans that effectively manage Verizon's security risks.
* Communicate progress, findings, and ensure succesfull handoff of deliverables to program and operational teams.
* Build domain knowledge of Verizon's environment to understand long-term risk areas that will develop as the systems evolve
* Provide thought leadership by participating in IoT and security forumsand collaborating with academic and research institutions.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Knowledge and experience in IoT and its functional components -security-related components.
* Knowledge with other key Verizon system areas such as 5G, LTE, routing, switching, optical networks, big data, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cloud computing, etc.
* Knowledge and experience building security architectures, roadmaps, and program requirements.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to work independently on multiple high priority projects.
* Ability to manage multiple high-visibility, complex technical projects.
* Strong problem-solving skills.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.