We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe's first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have over 3,5 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 1300 employees in 4 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $215 million from investors including Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel's Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing's Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
Once here you will
As an iOS Tech Lead, you'll be part of a high performing team building technologies that make banking more human.
* Work in a collaborative environment on challenging tasks.
* You will manage and coordinate releases for the cross-functional team.
* Provide guidance and feedback to the wider iOS team.
* Collaborate with other engineers in designing APIs used by the N26 app and contribute to a product that you can be proud of.
* You will work on improving the iOS tech stack and ensure high quality standards.
* Use the knowledge of the system to make architectural decisions benefiting the wider iOS team.
* Help people grow while shipping high quality software.
* Help adopt best practices and tools.
What you'll bring along
* Demonstrate deep knowledge and understanding of the iOS platform.
* The ability to showcase your experiences with a variety of iOS frameworks.
* Great communication skills and familiarity with Agile development.
* Deep knowledge in both Objective-C and Swift.
* Experience in driving technical projects from beginning to end.
* Full professional proficiency in English.
* Experience with leading a small team.
* Experience with mentoring iOS Engineers.
* The ability to communicate clearly with non technical stakeholders.
What we offer
* Work with engaged, smart engineers
* Getting things done attitude
* Exciting challenges
* Work on the app mentioned in WWDC
* Interesting technical problems to solve as we scale
* Deep integration with the iOS ecosystem
* The most modern technologies: latest Swift versions, modular codebase, Swift on the server
* Find out how development processes work at N26 here
* Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our here
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we'll get back to you soon.
Meet the team
The N26 US team is a group of unique and talented people consisting of alumni from Stanford, Northwestern, University of Chicago, Duke, Syracuse, Villanova, University of Denver and University of California, just to name a few! Many of us have gained our previous work experience at companies like Airbnb, Dow Jones, The New York Times, Expedia, PwC, J.P. Morgan, Etsy, DISH, SlingTV, Western Union and Morgan Stanley.
As far as fun facts go, our team is comprised of two NYC marathon finishers, a former sushi chef, a former competitive wakeboarder, and a certified yoga instructor. Collectively, we speak English, German, Greek, French, Spanish, Italian, Cantonese, Portuguese, Urdu and Hebrew.