Airbnb Experiences launched in November 2016 with the goal of taking Airbnb from an accommodations business to an end to end travel platform. By expanding Airbnb's product offerings and making it easy to plan an entire trip in a single space, our goal is to make Airbnb the only travel platform our guests need for their travels. The Experiences team plays a crucial role in realizing this mission.
Travel today can be impersonal, mass-produced, and difficult to plan -- Experiences will make travel magical again by immersing travelers in communities around the world and making it easy to travel authentically. Experiences are handcrafted activities designed and led by local hosts. Hosts give travelers unique, unprecedented access and deep insights to places and passions in their city.
We've already seen growth, but we are still very early in our journey. We're looking for collaborative, entrepreneurial engineers to set an early foundation for the Experiences team. If you're interested in making significant impact on our product and are passionate about redefining the future of travel, this team is for you.
Like all teams at Airbnb, we value and promote the diversity of our workforce, our guests, our hosts, our marketplace platform, and the world. Simply put, diversity belongs.
In this role, you will work on exciting and impactful iOS projects, such as:
* Owning Experiences code throughout the homepage, product detail page, checkout, search, and more!
* Creating a scalable and robust iOS architecture for our new Experiences recommendation flows throughout the app
* Building out news flows for discovering Experiences
* 2+ years industry experience
* Bachelor's and/or Master's degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
* Experience shipping one or more Swift or Objective-C iOS apps, ideally currently available in the App Store.
* Personal projects that show an aptitude for technical excellence and product sense.
* Ability to work in areas outside of your usual comfort zone and show motivation for personal growth.
* Interest in innovations within the mobile industry.
* Competitive salaries
* Quarterly employee travel coupon
* Paid time off
* Medical, dental, & vision insurance
* Life insurance and disability benefits
* Fitness discounts
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Apple equipment
* Commuter subsidies
* Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
* Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
* Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
* Much more...
Airbnb is a company that provides an online marketplace and hospitality services.